Freehand drawing tool in Moho 5.3.

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I think the relevant code parts in "lm_line_width.lua" are the following:

Code: Select all

local offset = moho:PixelToDoc((mouseEvent.pt.x - mouseEvent.startPt.x) / 16)
local maxWidth = moho:PixelToDoc(64)

if (self.numSel == 1) then
	local pt = mesh:Point(self.selID)
	pt.fWidth.value = pt.fTempWidth + offset
	pt.fWidth.value = LM.Clamp(pt.fWidth.value, 0, maxWidth)
	pt.fWidth:StoreValue()
	else
	for i, pt in self.selList do
		pt.fWidth.value = pt.fTempWidth + offset
		pt.fWidth.value = LM.Clamp(pt.fWidth.value, 0, maxWidth)
		pt.fWidth:StoreValue()
	end
end
By dragging the mouse to the left the value of offset can become negative. This offset is then added to the width of the selected point or points.

if (pt.fWidth.value < 0) then
	pt.fWidth:SetValue(moho.frame, 0)
end
In another part of the code there is a check for a negative value of the width of the selected point or points. If it is negative, it is assigned a zero value.

I assume Moho's rendering engine uses the negative value to indicate that no outline is selected. But would it be possible to change this into -64 and make it possible that line widths between -64 (not inclusive) and 0 are not rendered, but still be considered outlines?

It would certainly solve this little artistic problem.

Added: Err, of course, if anyone drags the offset beyond -64, the same problem occurs as when you drag too far to the right with your mouse and make all points 64 pixels wide. So the method is not foolproof, but it would be an improvement.
Last edited by Rasheed on Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

In fact, I changed (a copy) of "lm_line_width.lua" and commented out the two code lines containing:

pt.fWidth:SetValue(moho.frame, 0)
by replacing them with:

--pt.fWidth:SetValue(moho.frame, 0)
And the problems Toontoonz wrote about didn't occur. I could make the selected curves disappear by dragging the mouse to the left and appear with the same line width variation by dragging the mouse to the right.

However, I'm not to sure if this is okay with Moho. Will I run in any trouble if I keep using the modified "lm_line_width.lua" script?
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

I don't think that modified script will actually work. Try animating some line widths. Also, you may also get weird results if the line width value for the shape is something other than 1. I wouldn't recommend using that modification.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Okay, then I put the original script back.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Lost Marble wrote:Not really a bug. Think of a photo: First brighten a photo until parts of it turn completely white. Then darken the photo - you won't get the details back in the white areas - they'll all just be a solid shade of gray.
Jaja... HI! :), but LM remember that if we decide working with vector images is for can AVOID this kind of bitmaps limitations ;)