Anime Studio Pro 9 Exporting

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Taylonn

Anime Studio Pro 9 Exporting

Post by Taylonn »

Hi, I use Moho 12 to create short animations and explainer videos for my employer. I render and export straight to MP4 or direct to YouTube. However, I have an old laptop that has Anime Studio Pro 9 still on it which my son has started to learn how to use. Anime Studio Pro 9 only seems to allow exporting to Quicktime or AVI formats which both seem to be old formats that cannot be played on current media players. Does anyone still use AS Pro 9 and know of a way of rendering and exporting animations that can be played and used in modern formats?

I have tried loading an AVI file that he created to a video editor to convert to MP4 in various HD aspects but the quality was poor with lots of ghosting. Does anyone have any advice on how to make practical use of AS Pro 9 in the current day?

Any advice will be much appreciated.
Lukas

Re: Anime Studio Pro 9 Exporting

Post by Lukas »

I always recommend rendering image sequences from animation software and put it all together in editing software like Adobe Premiere / DaVinci Resolve / Final Cut Pro and export the final product from there.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

If using another application for conversion of v9 renderings is an option, the AVI render would have been my first choice. In regards to the ghosting and defects of the AVI conversion, I can't say why that happens or what causes it but I did find from a teeny tiny little bit of research I did, my first guess is the software used might not be up to snuff. It might also be the settings used for the conversion. A good program I've used for years (free) which runs on mac and win is VLC and has a ton of features including very good conversion tools.

I would say the next best solution would be to use an image sequence. Many movie editing applications or converters have the ability to import image sequences and output video in different codecs and resolutions, whichever that program supports. This isn't a perfect solution as it won't have audio included but if another application is used adding in the audio for the conversion should work.

But of course, apparently VLC can't actually convert image sequences directly to video. Not sure why they would leave out that feature. Dangit.
Taylonn

Post by Taylonn »

Thank you all for taking the time to help. I will give those solutions a go. Cheers.