Stickman

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dssw

Stickman

Post by dssw »

I dunno, I have no real artistic skils: http://daishi.nyunderground.net/stick_ball.avi
T

Post by T »

It took me a while to figure out how to watch it (FMP4 codec). Found the codec here:

http://www.free-codecs.com/FFDShow_download.htm (not sure what this installed, thought it was a viewer, but maybe it's just codecs?)

---------------------

Anyway, it doesn't matter that you have no real artistic skills... skills can be learned. If you have imagination and good visualization, you can learn the artistic stuff.

A lot can be learned online through self study, just look around this forum for example (for links to cartooning how-to sites)

---------------------

The cartoon looks rough, and there's some strange stretching, but otherwise it shows promise... I like the way the character bends and the ball rolls down the line of his body.

Keep it up, practice makes better, and skills are learned. You'll get whatever you want out of Moho!
"T"
------------------------------------------------
One who makes no mistakes, never makes anything.

www.flyingmcdavidbros.com
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

T wrote:It took me a while to figure out how to watch it (FMP4 codec). Found the codec here:

http://www.free-codecs.com/FFDShow_download.htm (not sure what this installed, thought it was a viewer, but maybe it's just codecs?)
I have no use for a Windows-only codec on my Mac.

Lost Marble has written something earlier about using crossplatform codecs, I believe he advised Sorenson Video 3 (see this post by LM).
T

Post by T »

I love Sorenson Video 3... but I missed that post. I chose it due to quality versus size, after numerous painful tests...

I think it's the best one I've used so far.
"T"

Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Perhaps a bit off-topic, but now we're talking about compression codecs...

H.264 is fine as well. In fact, Sorenson Video 3 is closesly related to H.264.

I have done some H.264 encoding lately, because I want to create animations for the new 5th generation iPod (aka video iPod). The 5G iPod is a bit picky and prefers a H.264 variety called "baseline". You need the Pro version of Quicktime to render that (from a "none" compressed movie exported by Moho), or one of the third-party developers' applications. Moho doesn't compress to H.264 baseline AFAIK.

In a 2-pass compression I have seen a 5 MB clean and uncompressed (silent) animation movie compress into 82 KB H.264 encoded MPEG-4 file, while the quality was undistinguishable from the original.

QT Pro is available for Windows and Mac OS X.

But for example movies in this forum I will remain using Sorenson Video 3, because it is more cross-platform.
dssw

Post by dssw »

T wrote: The cartoon looks rough, and there's some strange stretching
Heh that was intentional
dssw

Post by dssw »

Apologies about the codec, it was unintentional, anyway if it can make its way into linux it probably is available on every other system. Theres an mplayer for all the major OSii.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

OK, I have updated my Mac's mplayer (VLC). FMP4 is a DIVX kind of codec.

Well, I'm not ROTFL, but it is kind of funny. Only, I think the last bit with the cigarette and PSA should be showed longer on screen. It is flashing by so fast I can't read it (or was that intentional?).

Sometimes simple is better. So keep working on the stickman and try some variations.
T

Post by T »

Yeah, we want more!
"T"

dssw

Post by dssw »

Rasheed wrote:OK, I have updated my Mac's mplayer (VLC). FMP4 is a DIVX kind of codec.

Well, I'm not ROTFL, but it is kind of funny. Only, I think the last bit with the cigarette and PSA should be showed longer on screen. It is flashing by so fast I can't read it (or was that intentional?).

Sometimes simple is better. So keep working on the stickman and try some variations.
Heh, yea I probably should make that part last longer, render times are so long with the smoke, and I try to keep file size <1MB With the smoking I originally thought "What Would Bob Dylan Do?", I decided to add the caption for anti-smoking's (is that a word?) sake (wait no thats just an awkward phrase). Anyway the codec is more commonly known as ffmpeg and its an mpeg4 (In an avi container?) (I believe thats the default). I don't know much about codecs though. I also probably don't need it to be an avi since thats audio-video interlace and I have no audio...tangent...posting.