Animal Friends online

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rylleman

Animal Friends online

Post by rylleman »

Our trilogy of childrens films, Djurvännerna (Animal Friends) is now screened online at SVTplay (Swedish public service tv).
http://www.svtplay.se/djurvannerna

The films can be seen online until the new year. Only in swedish unfortunately, but the first in the trilogy, En fågeldag, is without dialog and voiceover.

I've posted the trailer earlier on this forum.
It's three 12 minute short films, done as digital cut-out in Anime Studio. All images is hand drawn, scanned and animated in AS.
Lukas

Re: Animal Friends online

Post by Lukas »

Looks great, I'll try to watch this on tv tonight. (A couch is so much better than an office chair) Thanks for sharing :)
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

This is freaking awesome.

There are several things going on that I just love. There is the contrast of the simplistic hand drawn, cutout style. Layered on top of that is the well done "character acting". Simple motions that convey the emotions and "realistic" feeling of the characters.

That is what really makes this work so well. You have what appears to be such simple characters and yet even with those limitations they move and act so "realistically". Even without understanding the voice over I could feel the emotions being portrayed.

Bravo, well done.

p.s. Even without understanding any of the voice over I was able to follow the story line up to a point. The conflict with the "shady owl" in the sunglasses and what exactly he did to effect the other owl character's life was just a bit unclear to me. Was there some sort of citrus addiction involved? Did he steal all of his stuff to buy more fruit? ;)
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Woah, very cool. I haven't gotten through them all yet, but plan to when I have more time to really enjoy. It's like a storybook come to life. Really excellent stuff!
~Danimal
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

It's amazing. So well done, every shot is beautiful, the animation is flawless. A.S. is so in the background on this, it's really a great advertisement for the creative possibilities of using this software. I wish there was an embed-able version so I could make it the next entry to my blog.

The whole production, music and sound, design. Too good.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Thank you all.

>heyvern. I enjoy getting the best performance out of anything, be it paper och cgi puppets. I love cut out and the way I have to be creative to get around the limitations.
Yes, Janne, the shady owl is just bad company Lage is getting into. He spends his days eating clementines and making grand plans, one of which involves opening a store with Lages name to it, selling second hand stuff. Among other things he sells all of Lages belongings...

>Danimal. Yes, that's because they are storybooks come to life. All films is based on Eva Lindströms books, she has also made all artwork which I've animated. I also had a huge help in much talented animator Natalia Figueroa.

>djwaterman. Thanks. yes, unfortunately they are not embeddable but you could embed the trailer if you like. https://vimeo.com/61289536
I also love the music, it's done by Halfdan E.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

rylleman wrote: Yes, Janne, the shady owl is just bad company Lage is getting into. He spends his days eating clementines and making grand plans, one of which involves opening a store with Lages name to it, selling second hand stuff. Among other things he sells all of Lages belongings...
Haha! That was my second guess, a "friend" who is using you and is a leach. Makes more sense than addictive oranges in a children's story. :)

p.s. Of all the Star Trek technology that's "come true"; cell phones, tablet PCs... where is the Universal Translator? ;)
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

heyvern wrote:...Makes more sense than addictive oranges in a children's story. :)
well, he eats an awful lot of clementines...

Yes, a Babel fish would be splendid to have!
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

Thanks for the info.