When to buy?

(This forum has been closed. Please use the General Moho Discussion forum.)

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

tknaps

When to buy?

Post by tknaps »

Hi there!

Lately I've started to draw and also do a bit of animation for purely recreational purposes, and while looking for a cheap but good and feature rich animation package I came across Moho which I've been evaluating for about a month now. Incredible work guys! I've had a lot of fun so far, just going through the tutorials and playing around.

I realise that version 5 is just around the corner, so the question is - should I buy the current version now and upgrade to version 5 when it comes out? Will it be a lot more expensive to wait for version 5 and then buy? I'm really low on cash at the mo, so to avoid any trouble with my better half I'd better wait at least until the end of the month and my next paycheck, but if buying now means I'll save a lot... :)

Thanks again for a great product at a very affordable price!

--
Tarjei
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Anyone who buys now (or upgrades from an older version) will receive a version 5-compatible registration code. So, when version 5 is released, just use the same code to activate the new version.

When version 5 is released, the pricing may change - that hasn't been decided yet. But at least for a short time after 5 is released, the pricing will remain the same to promote the new version, and to not punish anyone who chooses to wait for the official release before upgrading.
AcouSvnt

Post by AcouSvnt »

One thing that confused me briefly is that on the website you will be upgrading to four-point-something (4.6? Can't remember exactly). So if you're wondering, yes, you're in the right place, and will get a valid 5.0 code when you do that.
-Keith
tknaps

Post by tknaps »

OK, thanks a lot for the info.

I'll put in my order as soon as my next paycheck arrives!
tknaps

Post by tknaps »

Ah, finally :) Payday = buy Moho day!

Hopefully I'll have time to play with the latest beta during the weekend!
I'll probably start playing around with Lua scripting pretty soon (allthough some more documentation on the Moho Lua interface is probably needed - I'll be patient :))

Thanks again Lost Marble, for making such an impressive product available at such an impressive price!
Tarjei