PLEASE RECOMMEND NO-DISPLAY TABLETS THAT WORKS FOR MOHO

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rocken

PLEASE RECOMMEND NO-DISPLAY TABLETS THAT WORKS FOR MOHO

Post by rocken »

Hey Guys, Please which of the no display tablet brand works best with Moho. Looking to get a cheap tablet for a start from Aliexpress and a particular freelance animator who reviews some of these tabs highlights how most do not work on Moho at all.

Attached is a screenshot of a page on Aliexpress showing some of the tablets. Please help with recommendations for those that work with Moho.

Greenlaw

Re: PLEASE RECOMMEND NO-DISPLAY TABLETS THAT WORKS FOR MOHO

Post by Greenlaw »

I generally recommend Wacom but they're not cheap. Their better models will last for many years though...and the cheaper models do not. From what I've observed, it generally has to do with the quality of the cables and how and where on the tablet they're attached; the cheaper models do not handle traveling in a backpack well, and the wires will eventually break at that point. The better models just last.

You can get wireless Wacom tablets but In my past experience they can have a lag problem, so unless you read otherwise in a recent review, I don't recommend them.

For other brands, I currently have a Huion Kamvas 13. It's a display tablet but for what it cost, I'm impressed by the quality. It's also nice that I can plug it directly into my laptop using only single USB-C cable to power and and control it. (I has to be a high-speed AV version; a regular USB-C cable won't work.) This was the main reason I bought this tablet but the color quality and software is better than I expected. I even bought their version of the express key...it's not as solidly made as the Wacom version but it was a lot cheaper and it has some nice features not found in the Wacom. It also works with non-Huion tablets, unlike Wacom's which only works with Wacom tablets.

I know you're asking about non-display tablets but considering how inexpensive but surprisingly well made my Huion display tablet is, maybe Huion's non-display tablets are a good value too? I would check reviews for this brand.

For any brand, be sure to read several reviews, and compare different models of the brand. Like Wacom, there can be a big difference in quality between the low and high end models.