MESSIN AROUND IN 13.5

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Mike Roberts

MESSIN AROUND IN 13.5

Post by Mike Roberts »

been doing lots of projects I can't talk about in Moho - BUT did this one just for kicks.

Well - apparently I don't know how to embed a YouTube link...
Last edited by Mike Roberts on Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Re: MESSIN AROUND IN 13.5

Post by Greenlaw »

That looks fantastic!
Mike Roberts

Post by Mike Roberts »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:53 am That looks fantastic!
THANKS!
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

HA, very clever to show a few seconds only ...
No, it looks fantastic. I think one could develop a whole series design just based on this look. The liveliness of the face is absolutely adorable (I don't understand anything he says).
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Mike Roberts wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:00 pm been doing lots of projects I can't talk about in Moho - BUT did this one just for kicks.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/f8vYfsNmYT8[/youtube]

To embed - you just need to use the code instead of the whole URL. i.e. [youtube]f8vYfsNmYT8[\youtube]

Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Mike Roberts

Post by Mike Roberts »

SimplSam wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:36 am
Mike Roberts wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:00 pm been doing lots of projects I can't talk about in Moho - BUT did this one just for kicks.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/f8vYfsNmYT8[/youtube]

To embed - you just need to use the code instead of the whole URL. i.e. [youtube]f8vYfsNmYT8[\youtube]

YES! thank you
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

That looks fantastic (as always), Mike!
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

Rigged animation supervisor: My father's dragon, Wolfwalkers & Star Wars Visions "Screecher's Reach"
My personal Youtube Channel
Mike Roberts

Post by Mike Roberts »

Thanks Victor! 13.5 is great so far!
pihms

Post by pihms »

Was this entirely done in Moho?
Mike Roberts

Post by Mike Roberts »

Nope. Composited in after effects. Could easily be done in Moho - I just like adding the effects to the raw PNGs exported from Moho. And I’m faster at AE than Moho.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That's basically my workflow.

IMO, Moho is far superior to AE for 2D puppet animation, but for visual effects, lighting, and other post processing tricks, AE (or any dedicated composting program) is faster and more capable. It's a matter of using the right tool for certain tasks.

I love how Moho's Layer Comps and Moho Exporter simplifies and facilitates this workflow, and I hope future releases of Moho will continue to improve on data and file exchange with other programs.
Mike Roberts

Post by Mike Roberts »

Very agree. Multiple export setting (individual layers etc) would be very welcome.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah, that would be useful. ATM, when I click Split, I get all my layers for rendering but this includes my 'Master' Layer Comp and any special utility Layer Comps, which I don't ever wish to render and have to remove from the render list before clicking Start. It would helpful if I could define which layers to include in a project's Layer Comp presets for Moho Exporter.

I would also like to be able to set special properties to layers for Layer Comps, like an outlines' only pass or special matte passes. (I currently have to use workaround techniques to get these passes.)

What I'd really love to see in a future Moho is support for EXR so we can finally get, not just greater color depth, but possible support for special buffers like motion vectors, depth, and Cryptomatte. These are channels I use routinely in After Effects, Fusion and Nuke when working with EXR files from other programs.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, I almost forgot: We also need to be able to natively import/export Layer Comp settings between projects.

Wes (Synthsin75) created a with a very useful Import Layer Comps script that addresses this, but this feature really should be built into the Layer Comps UI.

If you're not using this script, I highly recommend it, especially if you routinely set up character-specific Layer Comps for working with texture and lighting effects in other programs like Ae. The Kung Fu Panda footage on my 2019 demo reel is a good example. I didn't have this script at the time, and it was a pain to have to keep re-creating my Layer Comps for every new project with these character rigs.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Greenlaw wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:54 pm ... It would helpful if I could define which layers to include in a project's Layer Comp presets for Moho Exporter ...
You can of course also use the command-line batch exporter (and optionally scripts around that) to target comps. I find this most useful when I am repeatedly exporting particular sets of layer comps.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam