Any good recommendations for tighter After Effects integration?

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JoelMayer

Any good recommendations for tighter After Effects integration?

Post by JoelMayer »

Hi there, the title sais it all.

I'm really new to scripts but i think there's a lot of neat stuff floating around. Is there some kind of repository where i can find them all?

In any case, i'd be really interested in some nice After Effects scripts, especially to export a Moho scene including camera data so i can basically continue working on a scene in After Effects with the camera set up etc.

Thanks!
Greenlaw

Re: Any good recommendations for tighter After Effects integration?

Post by Greenlaw »

There's a pair of scripts that can export the camera and layers to Ae. I haven't used them but there is a thread about them:

http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18091

I use Moho with Ae all the time, and I rely heavily on Moho's Layer Comps window to break out passes and to generate custom mattes. Use Moho Exporter to render them; it has a button to automatically split renders based on your Layer Comps settings. To use this, be sure to set the path in the main comp before clicking the button. Moho will then save each pass into it's own sub-folder.

I have a lot of tips for using Moho with Ae and other composting programs. Will try to make a video about it soon.

Hope this helps.
JoelMayer

Re: Any good recommendations for tighter After Effects integration?

Post by JoelMayer »

Thanks Greenlaw. The Script seems to be 11 years old and i'm on a Mac but i'll definitely check it out!

I think we need an official Script Repository (kinda like an asset store) one of these days :D

Thanks again!