HS Shape - new version **UPDATED** now v9.55

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

hayasidist

HS Shape - new version **UPDATED** now v9.55

Post by hayasidist »

A new version of my "shapes" tool is now available.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/kwnt64df ... 5.zip/file

In response to a request, this adds an option to create multiple lines radiating from an origin (as well as having them parallel)

The .zip has the installation folder (for scripts / install script) and a readme.

============================ original post about the 9.50 version ==============

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ibpv6hpd ... 0.zip/file

changes since the previous version (9.02) are:

One new subtool: Bone influence shape.
New options for creating a grid of rectangles (one fill / one mesh shape as before or now separate fills/strokes for each rectangle)
Options to create multiple straight lines.

it's been nearly 5 years since 9.02 and I'm really glad to see that Moho has emerged from the wilderness ...

(for previous versions / AS11 and earlier support please see: http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... 21#p167789)
Last edited by hayasidist on Sat May 15, 2021 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Re: HS Shape - new version 9.50

Post by synthsin75 »

Immediately installed. This is one of my "must have" tools.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thank you! Downloaded and installed!
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Thanks for sharing! This will definitely be useful 👍
Franky1966

Post by Franky1966 »

Hmm, how do I install this script? Can't find my way out here. I'm on a Mac.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

The following info is for Windows, but I think it's mostly relevant for Mac too.

Use the Install Script command from the Scripts menu, and point it to the folder containing the two script folders (ScriptResources, tool). The command will place the scripts and icons in their appropriate places in your Custom content folder.

Alternatively, you can do this manually by dragging the contents of those folders to the locations 'ScriptResources' and 'tool' in your Custom Content Folder. To access the Custom Content folder, select File: Open Custom Content Folder. Then open the Scripts folder to see these locations.

If you didn't set a CCF when you first launched Moho, you can do that from Preferences. I suggest choosing a folder that's always accessible to your computer. (For example, a folder in Documents is a good place. I don't know what this would be called on Mac, but it can be any folder really.)

When adding custom scripts and mods to Moho, you should always do this to the Custom Content folder, and not to the Moho program folder. (Otherwise, you're altering the original program files, which you really don't want to do.)

To use the HS Shape tool, you need to first select a vector layer.

Hope this helps.

Tip: I like to make a backup copy of my Custom Content Folder before adding stuff to it. This way, if something goes wrong, I can easily regress.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

hayasidist wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:30 am A new version of my "shapes" tool is now available.

it's been nearly 5 years since 9.02 and I'm really glad to see that Moho has emerged from the wilderness ...
Excellent tool (set of tools). I have used them many times. Thanks for the update.

I recently used it to create spokes for a bicycle wheel, using the polygon tool and deleting the outer rim edges. It would be great if, in a future +5 years time version, a similar 'spoke' option were available, either working from the principle of the Polygon -or- the MultiPointLine with angular and possibly center offset.

p.s. Is there any reason why there is a minimum of 3 points on a multipoint multiline (instead of 2)?

Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

SimplSam wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:14 am ... Is there any reason why there is a minimum of 3 points on a multipoint multiline (instead of 2)?
:D -- 2 works fine. I think it was because an earlier version only drew one line -- and there was no need for a tool to do the same as an the factory "add point" but it never got changed when I added multiple lines ....

=====

https://www.mediafire.com/file/kwnt64df ... 5.zip/file

That's the link to 9.55 it has the 2 point and the radial option for lines ... turned out to be pretty straightforward (which always worries me because if it didn't spectacularly fall over during testing, I worry that there's some glaring error still in there that I missed)
SimplSam

Re: HS Shape - new version **UPDATED** now v9.55

Post by SimplSam »

Amazing - Thanks so much. This works perfectly.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam