What are the scripts bundled with older files?

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

strider2000

What are the scripts bundled with older files?

Post by strider2000 »

I'm just doing a little digging around with some of the Moho content and noticed something I haven't seen before. I see scripts like:
  • syn_rl_merge_meshinstanc_final_4.lua
  • aim_bone_ik_hl.lua
  • etc
These are the library folders for things like the holiday cards. I don't know why they're there or what "instancing" points means.

I'm guessing Wes will respond, since he's always aware of what's going on and it seems that he was at least modified the instancing script :)

Thanks for any insights.
synthsin75

Re: What are the scripts bundled with older files?

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, I modded Fazek's meshinstance layer script and Ramon added to it. This script was necessary before reference layers (although it did some things references don't).
Likewise, Heyvern's aim bone layer script came before we had target bones.

So those are older files, before those features made it into Moho.
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

Ok, cool. So are they unneeded in Moho 12.5, or perhaps, do they run automatically or something? The files _seem_ to work well, but I haven't checked in detail yet.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Those are scripts embedded into some layers in the file. As long as you don't move the files without using Gather Media, Moho will be able to find them and they'll always be embedded (kind of like imported images).

Those files could probably be reworked to use the newer features instead, but it's probably not worth the effort unless you want to use them in a project of your own.
Last edited by synthsin75 on Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

OK, thanks. I'm just playing, learning things I don't know in Moho. The software is so rich, that you can literally spend years working with it and still find things that you don't know about :o