Teaser video for upcoming series

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

spoon

Teaser video for upcoming series

Post by spoon »

Here's a quick video teaser showcasing one of the characters from a project I've been working on for quite a while...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvzYUPkHbIE

More to come soon.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

The mac is pretty evil out of the box!

Finally a skull who tells the truth! 8)

Well done, good voice acting.
spoon

Post by spoon »

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't owned an apple product since the AppleIIC (that should date me.) I used to draw all the time on that with that new invention...the "mouse". I also had an animation program for it with automatic tweening. I wish I could remember it's name. It was very primitive, but at the time amazing in a consumer product.
This character is tough to bring to life. His lack of facial features makes it tough to make him look conscious while saying his lines. I've re-recorded him many times trying to punch up his dialog. It's all coming down to the eye glow and gestures to convey the emotion in the dialog. Man I would kill for some eyebrows lol.
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

Nice work man! I LOVE the design. You've got that and the writing down really good. And the attitude reads.

Now, to polish the animation, I'd work on maybe breaking up the movement a little bit to add some looseness to the animation.

For instance, when he shrugs, you've got both shoulders going up at the exact same time which looks a bit mechanical. Fixing that is relatively simple: delay one of the shoulders by 3 or 4 frames. Have one come up 3 or 4 frames later then the other That'll automatically make it feel a lot looser.

You can do that with the arms as well. Instead of both going up at the same time, have one come up 3 or 4 frames later then the other. There's more stuff you can do like adding some drag to the wrists, or deciding what body part LEADS the action, but delaying the body parts so the don't move at the same time will make the action feel much better instantly. Then you can start refining.

Anyway, that's just my critique. That's the Animation Mentor graduate in me speaking :P Overall, you're off to a great start!!