Starting to 'get it'...

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Peteroid

Starting to 'get it'...

Post by Peteroid »

OK. Been studying and playing around with and doing tutorials for AS7PRO for about a month now. And I'm starting to feel like I'm 'getting it'!

It is beginning to feel natural to use. There is a lot going on here, and I am in no way kidding myself that I understand even a fraction of everything possible. But the tools are starting to feel like they are in the right place, and I'm starting to be able to put 'thought-to-animation' a whole lot better.

I've been a bit cranky at times, so forgive some of those posts. And many people have answered questions that were necessary for me to understand to get to this point. Thanks very much to your advice!

What I came here to mention, though, is something I'm finding very cool.

Almost universally, what is rendered EXCEEDS what I'm seeing when I'm editing! Of course this makes sense since the editor is basically real time and the rendering can take it's time to...well... render. But it also means whenever I'm satisfied in the way my animation looks in the editor, I'm just blown away on how good it looks when it's rendered (I speak here of high resolutions like HD)!

So if you are just getting started, and you happen across this post, then I'll just say that the steep learning curve is both necessary and worth it!

:)
[==Peter==]
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Congrats Peter, now you're getting to grips with the tools you have the rest of your life to improve your animation! (like all of us!)
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Congratulations, peter. Now it's all you start showing us your work :D
In complementation I can recommend you two books that will make your life easier and funnier:
Animator's survival kit and Character animation crash course.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

Rigged animation supervisor: My father's dragon, Wolfwalkers & Star Wars Visions "Screecher's Reach"
My personal Youtube Channel
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Having just got the Animators Survival Kit, I found it to be very useful. Are there any other books you would suggest for the budding animator?
meltedtoons

Post by meltedtoons »

Having just got the Animators Survival Kit, I found it to be very useful. Are there any other books you would suggest for the budding animator?
there is another book I use called Animation Unleashed, it's great but it's more about the story, character, sound, FX, etc.[/quote]
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Thanks for the tip. That was one of the books I was looking at getting, but wasn't sure if it would be any use to me. :lol: