AS6 rocks! ;) (Besides cycling bug)

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Mikdog

AS6 rocks! ;) (Besides cycling bug)

Post by Mikdog »

Been using AS6 for a bit and its awesome. I love the timeline thing and I totally dig the fact that when I import an image like, a minute down the timeline, and change the position or scale, I can just delete the new keyframes and then the image stays like that for the duration of the timeline. I don't have to go back all the way to frame 0, copy and paste the changes I made so that there's no weird change from frame 1 to frame 1000, for example. Very awesome.

Similarly, when I decide that something needs to be changed a while down the timeline, I don't need to go back to frame 0 to record every little change I made. I just delete the new keyframes i made and that's that. Nice.

Also digging the GUI colours and the docked windows, turning off smooth images speeds things up a lot for me, and generally enjoying the new version a lot. Crashes every now and then when I import an AS file and within a group in the file create a switch layer (doesn't seem to like that) and the CYCLING bug prevents me from doing any final animation in it, so I use AS6 from prelim work, not final work. GRRRRRRR
Genete

Post by Genete »

Crashes every now and then when I import an AS file and within a group in the file create a switch layer (doesn't seem to like that)
Please, can you give detailed step by step recipe for that?
-G
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

If I have a switch layer, and I select a group within that switch layer and inport an AS OBJECT (AS FILE) the new file, as a bone layer, gets put on top of the group I have currently selected. So it gets put within the switch layer.

So I'd have

SWITCH >

. newly imported AS FILE as a bone layer with its own subgroups
. existing group
. existing group

Then I open one of the group folders within my newly imported group, and create a switch layer. When I drag images from the group into the switch layer, the program crashes. I did this a couple of times with the exact same result over and over. My solution was to import the new AS file not within the existing switch layer, but on top of it, then fiddle with getting my .PNG files into a new switch layer, and only THEN bringing the new switch layer into the existing switch layer.

Sounds complicated, but I figured it had something to do with having too many sublayers and fiddling with them. It was a reproducible error.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Hi guys,

I happened to stumble across this thread, and I just now reproduced and fixed the bug. However, in the future the best way to report bugs is now explained in this post. Otherwise, sometimes a bug can slip by in the forums without us ever knowing about it.

viewtopic.php?p=79530

Thanks,

-Mike
rogermate

Post by rogermate »

Lost Marble wrote:I just now reproduced and fixed the bug
Is there a download of any bugfixes, or is that pending?

Is build 20090526p the latest?
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

I think its pending. No due date, but if my spider-sense is correct I'd imagine in the next month or two, but, don't hold me to it.