Version 6 bugs - list them here

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ulrik

Post by ulrik »

When importing AS files (from Library or via the file meny) the "user created styles" in applied styles, loses all effect settings, gradient, texture, shading etc.
The shapes remember the style names but thoose styles don't have any fx settings applied.

Using AS Pro 6 on mac ppc Leopard 10.5.7
smileypete

Layer settings not animated in AS Pro 6

Post by smileypete »

Hi,

Anime studio pro 6 on Mac OSX 10.5

NONE of the layer settings appear in the timeline as keyframes, thus when i'm setting a layer property, i'm setting it for the entire length of the animation.

Example fading an object using the opacity at frame 1 at 100% to frame 50 at 0%. This does not work any more?

Has anyone else found this a problem, i'm sure it wouldn't have gone unnoticed yet?

cheers pete
b15fliptop

Post by b15fliptop »

b15fliptop wrote:Occasionally, everything stops reacting to the mouse except the timeline. Can't select a tool, can't select a layer, etc. Everything in the timeline works fine, though. I have to save, close the program, and restart it to fix the problem. Not fun.
This just happened again, and I used "Sample Process" in Activity Monitor. Did I mention that I was on a Mac?

Anyhoo... this was the last line, and it seemed like it could be a clue to the problem:

semaphore_timedwait_signal_trap

EDIT: I just discovered that right-clicking on a layer in the layers palette unlocks it again...
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Re: Layer settings not animated in AS Pro 6

Post by Lost Marble »

smileypete wrote:NONE of the layer settings appear in the timeline as keyframes, thus when i'm setting a layer property, i'm setting it for the entire length of the animation.
Not a bug, a change in behavior. To animate these properties, you need to turn on the "Allow animated layer effects" checkbox in the Layer Settings dialog.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Cycling bug?

This from Selgin over here: http://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=77374#77374
Ok, I went to take a look and this seems to be a bug. Try with this, create a switch and put 3 layers with a shape inside. one green, one blue and one red.
On first 3 frames create 3 switch keyframes on this order: red - green - blue
Cycle them to zero, you will obtain this from frame 4

red - green - red - red - green - blue - red - green - blue - red - green - blue - red - green - blue - red - green - blue - red - green - blue...
Do you see? at first frames you'll obtain a double red (and no blue), but after that the cycle becomes normal.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it's weird, I use cycles a lot and never noticed an error like this before.

PD: This work the same weird if you make the cycle to return on frame two (but you will obtain just two colors, not three)
I find the cycling keyframes in version 6 to be different to previous versions. The new way makes life a little more tricky and difficult. Before, you could cycle a, b, c, a and things would be nifty and work. Now, it seems you have to go a, b, c, a then cycle a back to b and get funky results. Meow.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

In this file (created in ASP 6.0), I can't seem to paste any keyframes onto frame 30, but I can paste to other frames and drag them to frame 30.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Ha!

Weirdest bug I have ever seen. Strange strange strange.

You can't paste a bone key on frame 30. Not just your file Rudiger, ANY file. Try it. It just won't happen. That is weird. Just frame 30. Is it some kind of black hole? Is the number "30" significant? Is it a portal to another dimension? Are thousands of AS users all pasting keys on frame 30 simultaneously? ;)

This is the document frame 30 and it only effects bone layers. If you slide the layer in the sequencer the document frame 30 still won't accept pasted keys.

-vern
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Ok, here is a file (mediafire) which contains the .anme to explain both bugs

- Gradients are affected just for bone strength, even when the all points or some of them are binded to other bones or bone.
Look at the file, it's not the best example, but works.

- Depth Sort: In a 3d scene you obtain the layers inside a group being ordered by its real distance, but you can't order them according its hierarchy (I just discovered this) until you turn ON the enable animated layer order checkbox.
Look the file, there are two identical groups, one with animated layer order checked and the other unchecked.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Not really a bug, but it is kind of buggy.

When you select a shape you get a checkerbox pattern. While you're changing the colour of the shape you can't see what you're changing it to because of the checkerbox blocking the view. (You can see something's changing but the checkerbox nullifies this new feature.)

Chucky and I think a 'marching ants' around the shape would make this new colour selection feature useful.
samskipsam

Post by samskipsam »

1. Open ASP 6
2. Choose Import Illustrator File

Frequently crashes when the dialog is open. I've learned to save frequently.
stroyer

stops running

Post by stroyer »

To start i will say i am doing this on 64-bit vista, I will just be trying to mess around with AS and then all it will do is stop working and just have to shut down…I do not know what could make this happen as it would occur at different points…2 times have been when I was working with the lip-synching and another time when I was just first starting out and playing around with the frame…I have only had the program for 2-3 hours and I am a bit disappointed because of the crashing…
TheChewanater

Post by TheChewanater »

Not sure if someone said this, but for some reason it plays the audio too fast or too slow sometimes.
ImageImage
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

While you can set (and correctly render) transparency at the group level, it does not display properly even when transparency is checked in Display Quality, effectively making this display feature useless for any character rig (what should happen is that all vector layers should show the same transparency they will render at when the transparency is set at a higher group level).
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

mkelley wrote:While you can set (and correctly render) transparency at the group level, it does not display properly even when transparency is checked in Display Quality, effectively making this display feature useless for any character rig (what should happen is that all vector layers should show the same transparency they will render at when the transparency is set at a higher group level).
This one isn't exactly a bug, but rather a choice based on performance. There are a lot of things that don't show up in the editing view, but only when you render. Layer transparency is one of those things. The transparency in the Display Quality settings affects shape transparency only, not layer transparency.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

When you paste or write a color code on color picker window, the color rectangle changes but not the "picker". See the image, the white color FFFFFF is not shown on left.
In version 5 occurred the same thing, but it could be solved by pressing tab on the keyboard (for some reason, the picker were actualized when you pressed tab). Now even the tab mysterious solution doesn't work and you are forced to close and re open the color picker window to edit the new pasted/written color.