Working only on selected points in a layer

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

GCharb

Post by GCharb »

funksmaname wrote:i dont know if this is at all relevant, but fazeks magnet tool allows you to only effect selected points with the magnet... maybe this functionality can be translated to another script?
GCharb needs to seek all those scripts!

Thanks man!

GC
Genete

Post by Genete »

heyvern wrote:There is no visual feedback as to what points are locked.
Vern, if you download the zip file you can see that there are three scripts:

freezer.lua: the embedded script that keeps the frozen points quiet.
ge_freeze_points.lua: the menu or button script that freezes the selected points
ge_select_frozen_points.lua: the menu or button script that toggles selection to the current frozen points.

You need to press a button or a keyboard shortcut, but you have a quick visual interface to see what points are frozen.

-G
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Vern wrote:AND if one tool easily worked across all the tools without needing to edit every tool
I've got ideas about how to solve that one, Vern. It's part of my tool groups script idea, which is number two on my scripting to-do list. :wink:
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Hello all
synthsin75 wrote:It's part of my tool groups script idea
Looking forward to that one! :)
chucky

Post by chucky »

i dont know if this is at all relevant, but fazeks magnet tool allows you to only effect selected points with the magnet... maybe this functionality can be translated to another script?

Woah realy?, I was wishing for just such a thing last night.
I really would prefer a separate tool bar for added scripts though, the long extendy tool bar wreck my layout and interferes with the time line and screen render.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

chucky wrote:I really would prefer a separate tool bar for added scripts though, the long extendy tool bar wreck my layout and interferes with the time line and screen render.
I have also installed quite a bit of scripts and the toolbar is quite long, but I have got a 24 inches monitor and run it at 1920X1200, enough space that way.

Still trying to figure out ways to change my workspace here!

GC
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Damn, I guess I'll have to be hot on the heels of writing that script once my current one is done. :roll: :wink:
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

synthsin75 wrote:Damn, I guess I'll have to be hot on the heels of writing that script once my current one is done. :roll: :wink:
If you need any help with that tool groups script let me know. I'd be happy to look at any code or do any type of brainstorming for implementation. You're getting to that point now where I can ask you for help with scripting though. ;)

-vern
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Thanks Vern. I'll have to hunt up my notes on that one, as I'm still knee deep in the select layer script. Select layer should really be done by now, but I keep finding things I have to account for.

So far I've done:
non-active switch layer trees
global visibility

Still to do:
layer sorting (in progress)
a few other things I really want

I could probably slap select layer together now, but I was kind of disappointed that I released the first version without enough testing.

Got a call tonight saying I'm off work tomorrow due to weather (we've got freezing rain here), so that'll be one more day anyway. :wink:
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Years ago there was a hurricane and my boss told us not to come to work. Then later, we found out we all lost a vacation day for it because we "chose" not to come to work that day. :(

We've got a storm coming starting tomorrow night at 9 and snow through the night. A lowly 2-4 inches but we will all panic and clean out the grocery stores of milk and bread. Why do people buy milk and bread when it snows? Milk and bread? Do you drink that much more milk when it isn't snowing? Is it all the hot chocolate? Do you buy more milk because it is white like the snow? Once we had like 3 feet of snow and I still walked to the WAWA for my coffee. ;)

-vern
rookwings

Post by rookwings »

Yes, Vern, it's exactly the same in my small town, over our side of The Pond. Quite bizarre - one snowflake, and the shelves are emptied! Sugar disappears too, though - white, again. Maybe you have a theory there! :wink: