Simple 4 bone 3D head turn part2

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Post by DK »

Sorry. Must have been a mispelling in the link.
It's fixed.

Cheers
D.K
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

You won't hear this sentence very often...

That nose is pure genius.

I struggled and struggled with the nose on my own rig. This just works so perfectly.

--------

Here is my contribution to the "nose parent" issue:

http://www.lowrestv.com/character_rig/h ... v_mod.anme

All I did was to add an extra bone that is a child of the RIGHT SIDE bone in the head. It is exactly centered between the LEFT SIDE and RIGHT SIDE bones. I set the strength to 0 since this bone doesn't control any meshes.

I then added a translation constraint that points to the parent bone of this new bone, the RIGHT SIDE bone.

This seems odd but I do this all the time. It allows a bone to follow a bone as a child but also to "expand" on that motion. I set the amount to 0.2 for the x translation. So as the child of RIGHT SIDE moves with RIGHT SIDE it also moves a "little extra" that matched the motion of the layer.

Finally I bound the nose bone layer to this new bone in the head layer and removed the keys from the nose layer translation.

Now that the nose layer is a child of the RIGHT SIDE bone the nose layer rotates with the head properly.

-vern
DK

Post by DK »

Oh thank you Vern !!! :) :) :)
I just don't have the time to spend on it at the moment but I desperately want to keep the momentum up. (you know what it's like).

EDIT:
Just played with the file and it is great thanks Vern!!!
Now I am I'm going to make a set of ears in the same vein as the head and nose. I really liked your ears Genets, but I feel i'm starting to get the hang of this scale rotate. I am using all my Lightwave 3D thought processes on this project. It's like a whole new world has opened up for me. I already have ideas for hands feet, body and arms boiling away.

Vern. Once there is a standard model available I see everyone being able to contribute add-on elements that can either be freebies or sold on CP.
Users could download and attach elements to the head etc. Kinda like an Anime Studio version of Poser.
This is the main reason I want to keep it so simple. If you overcomplicate the way the model works you will seriously limit the amount of people who will want to use it.

Cheers
D.K

Cheers
D.K
Genete

Post by Genete »

Just to say that vern's link solution is the simplest and the most effective.
Anyway when I have time I want to reorganize the bone setup and make the complete head turn with only the scale of a single bone which will translate and scale all the shapes (ears, nose, eyes, and mouth).

@Vern:BWY, you have bent the head beyond the psychical possibilities of a real human head! My God! When I played the file I though he will crack his neck! :lol:

@DK: Any kind of modification or new setup or technique is welcome! So, go for the new ears!!!!! :wink:

Best
Genete
DK

Post by DK »

Genete. I am just using the open source model and bone structure like a sketch pad to develop other elements like nose, ears, hair etc so don't be offended if you see my files are not including any new forum developments by other contributers. It just makes it a lot easier and quicker to develop with.

complete head turn with only the scale of a single bone which will translate and scale all the shapes (ears, nose, eyes, and mouth).
I'd like to see that :) :) :)

D.K
Genete

Post by Genete »

Fell free to use all my additions to the open source model. I'm an open source fan!
DK

Post by DK »

2.5D T-Rex (unfinished)

I think I have worked out how to make anything in Vector 3D!!!

http://www.wienertoonz.com/trex.swf

D.K
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Awesome!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Genete

Post by Genete »

Wow!
Big nose! Nice teeth!
¿How many bones?

Anme file? :roll:
capricorn33

Post by capricorn33 »

DK wrote:2.5D T-Rex (unfinished)
Incredible! :shock: :shock:
How did you do that?
capricorn ( - just call me "cap")
children's tv pro, character animator
toonertime

this vector stuff

Post by toonertime »

out of curiosity, is this interesting
new vector technique available only
in anime pro?
toonertime

this vector stuff

Post by toonertime »

out of curiosity, is this interesting
in anime pro?
Genete

Re: this vector stuff

Post by Genete »

toonertime wrote:out of curiosity, is this interesting
in anime pro?
Only bone or switch layers! AS standard will play fine all the files. Check them out!
I don't know if the scripting is supported in the standard version or not... (One of the Vern's contributions have scripts.)

Have fun!
Genete

Post by Genete »

DK wrote:2.5D T-Rex (unfinished)

I think I have worked out how to make anything in Vector 3D!!!

http://www.wienertoonz.com/trex.swf

D.K
Dear DK,
by the way this amazing t-rex moves I think you continue seting up the bones in the style of your original nose (before the link correction of Vern).
In my opinion (and following your intentions of having a simple and functional model who everyone can use) we have to focus in the bone setup of the original surfer (I understand now that this character you did in the first post was the silver surfer from the second part of Fantastic 4 :wink:) instead of elaborate new bones setup with same concepts (that maybe could be improved).

If you don't mind I want this thread to continue in the refining of the bone setup itself.

I know you're very excited and your brain doesn't stop of boiling new ideas but it is better seatle the basics instead of continue developing more variations.

Don't be offended please! This T-rex is truly amazing. Please post the anme file anyway.

Forgive me if I said the wrong word and please tell me your honest opinion.

Best
Genete
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I think there's room for both! -- I'd certainly be very interested in the T-Rex anime file (it's similar to a crocodile for one thing...)
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?