Mike Clifton = puppeteer?

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Patmals

Post by Patmals »

I went to the beta site and logged in (i own AEPro 6.5) but there were 2 things that stopped me.

1. i would only be able to use the beta for 2 days only (AE7 get until the beta program date ends - i think Auguest)
2. its a 1 gig download..
human

Post by human »

Regarding the Takeo Igarashi demo video which Ramon Lopez pointed out...

My feeling is that the demo gets progressively more impressive as it goes on, and at the end, it combines real time animation mesh deformation with multitouch input.

Apparently multitouch is going to be the centerpiece for human-computer interaction in the future. Apple Computer is particularly invested in this. (At least, this is news to me--I use Windows and don't follow Apple closely.)

For a recent demo of the manifold capabilities of this technique (not so much connected with character animation as the other video), see:

http://www.macrumors.com/2007/02/12/mor ... -jeff-han/
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Looks just like the computer interface from "Minority Report"... life imitates art.

Can you imagine how cool it would be to do creative work with an interface like that? Talk about "finger painting". ;)

-vern
human

Post by human »

Hey Vern,

As "Da Man" of these parts (in AS Land), what did you think of the Igarashi video?
Touched

Post by Touched »

heyvern wrote:Looks just like the computer interface from "Minority Report"... life imitates art.
More likely I think those in charge of the visual style of Minority Report did a little research on the cutting edge of interface design. The reason we see so much of yesterday's sci-fi in today's reality is mainly because a lot of the best sci-fi writers of yesterday were either scientists themselves or had close ties to the scientific community, and thus could see not only what was possible, but what was being actively worked on. Asimov in particular was known for writing a new sci-fi book about just about every new development and breakthrough in science during his professional lifetime. It was kind of a running joke with him.