Onion skin and bone snap

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Hamedss

Onion skin and bone snap

Post by Hamedss »

Q1: how do I see bones through the onion skin?
Q2: is it possible to enable bone snap in animation ( not only frame0?)
lucasfranca

Re: Onion skin and bone snap

Post by lucasfranca »

Hamedss wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:59 am Q1: how do I see bones through the onion skin?
Q2: is it possible to enable bone snap in animation ( not only frame0?)
Q1: use ossos virtuais. https://mohoscripts.com/script/ss_virtual_bones
Q2: I don't know how to answer if there is a possibility.
An old guy [since 1983] who was raised in front of the TV.
Passionate about animation, after getting old, he decides to make it his hobby.

I share tutorials, reviews, tips and tricks from this vast world of animation on my channel.

https://youtube.com/animai2D
Hamedss

Post by Hamedss »

thanks Lucas. I will try that
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Hamedss wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:59 am Q2: is it possible to enable bone snap in animation ( not only frame0?)
yes:
translation - snap to grid. View / Enable Grid (turns grid snapping on by default; can be turned off with View / Disable Grid Snapping)
rotation: shift-(mouse drag) - snaps to n*45 degrees

no:
scale (at least I can't see a mechanism!)

did you have something else in mind?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I think he means bones snapping to other bones.

@Hamedss, Bones snapping only works at frame 0. If you need bones to go back to their frame 0 position while on later frames, you can use the Reset Bone command, which resets selected bones. You'll want to assign a shortcut to it since it doesn't have one by default. (I have Reset Bones/Points assigned to a button in my MQC panel, and I use this button all the time during animating.)

Another option is to set your bone positions as regular actions so you can re-use these keyframed positions. (Personally, I just eyeball it and move on.)
Hamedss

Post by Hamedss »

hayasidist wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:01 pm
Hamedss wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:59 am Q2: is it possible to enable bone snap in animation ( not only frame0?)
yes:
translation - snap to grid. View / Enable Grid (turns grid snapping on by default; can be turned off with View / Disable Grid Snapping)
rotation: shift-(mouse drag) - snaps to n*45 degrees

no:
scale (at least I can't see a mechanism!)

did you have something else in mind?
Yes the grid snapping is working perfectly. Thanks but not working for scale.
Hamedss

Post by Hamedss »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:17 pm I think he means bones snapping to other bones.

@Hamedss, Bones snapping only works at frame 0. If you need bones to go back to their frame 0 position while on later frames, you can use the Reset Bone command, which resets selected bones. You'll want to assign a shortcut to it since it doesn't have one by default. (I have Reset Bones/Points assigned to a button in my MQC panel, and I use this button all the time during animating.)

Another option is to set your bone positions as regular actions so you can re-use these keyframed positions. (Personally, I just eyeball it and move on.)
Oh very nice idea. I will try that. Thank you. But I think moho needs snapping system to points and bones. It can constraints to x y axis.