Moho Audio is not working

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

PixelVector

Moho Audio is not working

Post by PixelVector »

Hi There,

I imported a wav file into my moho scene I recorded using adobe audition, but when I play back it sounds like a slowed down version, almost robotic. If I scrub through, it sounds normal, but when i hit play it either sounds slowed down or does not playback at all. Does anyone know how to fix this? It used to work fine, not sure what is happening. I also tried MP3 and it makes no difference. I'm using the latest version of Moho Pro 13.5.
Hoptoad

Re: Moho Audio is not working

Post by Hoptoad »

By design, in the workspace the audio does not play faster than the playhead moves while the animation is playing, otherwise any lip sync being animated would not be aligned correctly with the sound.

What may have happened is that your scene got more complicated or something else is slowing down the animation during playback. When it comes time to lip sync or sync the sound effects or whatever, maybe turn off all the layers that are not necessary (backgrounds, etc.) and hopefully the audio will run at the expected speed.

You also might try unchecking some of the boxes in the bottom right area under "Display Quality". This can speed things up.

Lastly, keep in mind that when you render your finished cartoon, the audio and the animation will always play at the correct speed. You might make a test render to see how your audio timing and animation is going, if you are concerned.

Good luck!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Since I don't know anything about how you've set up your project, I'm going to throw out some guesses.

For audio syncing for animation it's always best to use an uncompressed .wav or .aif file...since this doesn't require decompression, it's less work the computer has to do, and it also helps insure frame accuracy.

If the animation and/or audio is playing slowly, I'm assuming the scene has become too complicated for your computer to play the animation and audio together in realtime.

First try enabling or disabling GPU Acceleration to see if that helps.

Next try enabling Enable Frame Skipping. This will make Moho drop frames to keep the playback and audio playing at real speed.

If this looks too choppy, disable Enable Frame Skipping and then try to optimizing the project (i.e., reduce vector or mesh point counts, reduce bitmap res, or anything that may be applied inefficiently) or, as Hoptoad suggests, try hiding layers you don't need for checking the sync. You can use Layer Comps to set up a master layer comp for all the layers you want to render and a layer comp for just checking the sync.

Finally, if your computer really can't keep up, you can use Render Preview. This will render a workspace preview with the audio so you can playback the animation in realtime to check the audio sync.

When I'm animating for audio sync, I like to hide any elements I absolutely don't need to see for the task, so this might be only the character or the character's head and of course his mouth. Since my character rigs and artwork is optimized as much as I can possibly make them, Moho's playback never seems to have trouble keeping up when I'm animating a scene.

You can render a final movie with audio directly out of Moho if that's going to be your final output. This is fine for small productions.

For larger, multi-scene productions, here are some additional tips...

When I'm ready to render, I never render a movie with the audio track. Instead, I render a PNG image sequence if it's for compositing (and render a movie with no audio from there,) or I'll render a high-quality movie file from Moho if I'm going directly to my video editing program. Since my audio track should already be set up in the video project, the movie does not need to have an embedded audio track.

Hope this helps.
PixelVector

Post by PixelVector »

Unfortunately none of those options worked. I uninstalled the software, went into appdata > roaming > lost marble > Moho pro, and deleted the 13 folder. Then I reinstalled the software. The audio plays back fine now. Thanks for your help though :).