Problem with Export in MOHO 13.5 (only MP4 or MV4)

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

GRAUZAHN

Problem with Export in MOHO 13.5 (only MP4 or MV4)

Post by GRAUZAHN »

Ahoi

I have a Problem with exporting my MP4s from Moho 13.

I installed it on a new PC (Win 10) and for some Reason i have only two Export Options....MP4 and MV4.

Both dont work....they start to render but the finished File is too small and can not be played.

If someone knows about this Problem....any Kind of Information would be helpful
Greenlaw

Re: Problem with Export in MOHO 13.5 (only MP4 or MV4)

Post by Greenlaw »

I don't normally render movie files directly from Moho but here are some thoughts.

1. This might seem obvious but make sure the render range is set correctly in the render window.

2. I've heard of some users having trouble rendering the full range in a movie file from Moho 13.5.5. I haven't run into this myself but this is apparently a known bug. The workaround is to render a PNG image sequence (which always works,) and then compile the frames into a movie file using another program.

FYI, my preferred method is to render a PNG image sequence from Moho (I typically break out passes using Layer Comps and Moho Exporter,) composite in a program like After Effects or Fusion, and then export a movie file for editing in a video editor. If I'm not compositing the footage, I would still import it to an video editing program for finishing (i.e., edits, final processing, audio mixing, etc.,) and export my movie file from there.

For editing, I avoid .mp4 because it's a compressed and lossy format. It's better to use an efficient lossless codec. Once I'm done editing, I'll use whichever codec is appropriate for the intended use.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

One more thought: I don't know if this makes any difference for the .mp4 export issue but I always render through Moho Exporter instead of Export Animation. Moho Exporter is more advanced and I find it very reliable for the way I use Moho.
GRAUZAHN

Post by GRAUZAHN »

Thank you for the Answer

I didnt know that you can use After Effects or Fusion in that way. I will try that