How use action when bone is targeted?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Hamedss

How use action when bone is targeted?

Post by Hamedss »

HI every one

I am rigging a character that has chubby foot and now I am stuck with action for the knee bend. the shin bone does not behave ik move in action mode. is there any way? :cry:

I attached the moho file
https://s17.picofile.com/file/8425430326/foot.moho.html

T :D hanks
hayasidist

Re: How use action when bone is targeted?

Post by hayasidist »

check the parenting / targeting that you actually want. Right now in mainline B4 can't move because its child bone B5 is constrained to target B6. So an SB action for B4 won't achieve anything.

If you want to bend the knee, move B6. If you want an action to move B6, then you could add a new bone (B9), not parented to any existing bone and "away" from the artwork so it won't deform it, and B9's rotation maps to translation of B6
Hamedss

Post by Hamedss »

thank you my friend but what do you mean by" B9's rotation maps to translation of B6 :? "?. the rotation of B6 is what affect the vector layer so I think B6 must be the smart bone in action. i tried this method:
I created an action for B6 and the brought down the B5 then rotated B6 and modified between animation so the move looks fairly good like an ik move. then I edited the vector point move and then deleted B5 move. it worked but if I want edit action I must do the same again. your method make the Ik working but is not related to B6 move.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Hamedss wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:27 pm thank you my friend but what do you mean by" B9's rotation maps to translation of B6 :?
create B9 with starting angle 0
make an action for B9.
at (say) frame 90 rotate B9 to 90 degrees.
still in the action, at frame 0 select B6 (assuming it is in its resting "straight leg" position
at frame 90 (or wherever you decided) move (translate) B6 to its "fully bent knee" position.
if necessary, at "sensible points" in between, you can add more keyframes to adjust B6's position to make a more realistic bend

hope that helps!
bbrraayyaann

Post by bbrraayyaann »

Hamedss wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:27 pm thank you my friend but what do you mean by" B9's rotation maps to translation of B6 :? "?.

The fact is that ik does not behave this way, because the target is in b6, which is the bone that controls the angle and position of the b5 bone.

The solution would be as Hayasidist said, which I think is something like this :

Create a new action with another unrelated bone and add to it all the movements you want. http://www.mediafire.com/file/2af4zqszk ... .moho/file
Hamedss

Post by Hamedss »

thank you all friends. that solved problem :D