.AVI FILE EXPORT WILL NOT WORK!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

TheGiantSoupBowl

.AVI FILE EXPORT WILL NOT WORK!

Post by TheGiantSoupBowl »

On my PC, I have Anime Studio Pro 8. I've been exporting files as .AVI files and they take about 2 hours to export and then when I open the file on ANY video player the files do not work. This just started today. I've been exporting the same things the same ways and just now .AVI files that have been exported do not work. Please help!! :(
-The Giant Soup Bowl
TheGiantSoupBowl

By the way...

Also, I have been exporting them as uncompressed .AVI files all this time if that helps. Thanks for trying to help!
-The Giant Soup Bowl
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

uncompressed AVI is not a good idea.
I use QT formats usually but there's fast alternative codec for AVI discussed in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=20525&highlight=codec

I suggest you try to search for answers before starting a thread, there's a lot of stuff about AVI problems already... also, this might be better in the 'How do I' section rather than general disucssion.

All the best!
TheGiantSoupBowl

Thanks

Sorry. I'm new here. When I was talking to live Smith Micro support they suggested I post a topic on here, so I posted instead of searched.

I also don't know what should go where and what shouldn't. Again, new. :S

But, really, thanks! I'll start to export files as .mov with Quicktime. Is there a specific format I should export it as for the .mov because the pre-selected type of .mov AS8PRO shows is "MPEG-4" or something like that.

Thanks again! You're a big help on both of my topics. :D
-The Giant Soup Bowl
ErikAtMapache

Post by ErikAtMapache »

I'll give you the quick summary - if you know all of this already, sorry.
Basically you install a codec on your computer which is accessed by any software that wants to code/decode a video. They vary in the amount of compression they can handle and the speed they operate at. I personally like the Lagarith codec which is available at http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html. It seems to be a nice balance between compression and performance while still being lossless. You usually want to use a lossless codec while in production or you suffer a loss of image quality every time you rerender your video. Another option (which may only be in the pro version) is to render as an image sequence and then use your editing program to import the image sequence as a video.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Hi. could be file size problems? I use uncompressed AVI all the time with no trouble - BUT I keep files "small" (aim at less than 1GB) and use a compositor (Premiere). If I want to use the AS output without any post production then I choose QT