Mike Clifton = puppeteer?

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

human

Mike Clifton = puppeteer?

Post by human »

I have just learned about the Puppet tool in After Effects CS3.

Can we assume that Mike Clifton is an engineer for that software?
Manu

Post by Manu »

What makes you think Mike is the only person who can program something like that?
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Yes... What? :? And I don't know, but if I had to think in a one possible responsable I'd probably think more in someone like Takeo Igarashi... :arrow: WATCH!

PS: ...Uf, you can't imagine how excited I am about that new AFX tool! :D It seems that it could be just with that I've been dreaming during all this years (at last! :) (I hope... :roll:)), I'll die for try it, but I can't (die?) yet :(
Last edited by Rai López on Wed May 09, 2007 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
human

Post by human »

Ramón López wrote:Yes... What? :? And I don't know, but if I had to think in a one possible responsable I'd probably think more in someone like Takeo Igarashi... :arrow: WHATCH!

PS: ...Uf, you can't imagine how excited I am about that new AFX tool! :D It seems that it could be just with that I've been dreaming during all this years (at last! :) (I hope... :roll:)), I'll die for try it, but I can't (die?) yet :(
Wow!

Only the core of that technology has just been demonstrated by Adobe. And I thought THAT was amazing.

However, the video you've shared with us just keeps going deeper and deeper into animation nirvana... stuff we never dreamed possible.

Care to speculate why Adobe is not offering the full feature set demonstrated by Igarashi?
teotoon

Post by teotoon »

By the way,

This is the latest gem of Igarashi. The demo is usable, even with Anime Studio (*.obj export).

http://www-ui.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~takeo ... index.html

Try it, you'll like it...
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...Ey, ey! But I have not said that the great Igarashi be implicated in such Adobe project (although I'd wish it :)) ...That I wanted to mean is that a feature like that "Puppet" tool has much more in common, in my opinion, with the (in theory) brilliant animation solution provided by Takeo, you know, based on that 2D "specific" fluid conected pins instead a 3D software "inherited" feature like a bone based skelleton...

Well, I've been waiting for THIS piece of software (or anything it be) be launched long time ago but unfortunately I can't find any info about the process and I know nothing about if it'll be finally released...

So, I think that the "Puppet" tool solution combined with the new "Shape (vector) Layer" in AFX CS3 and all the other animation tools that it still has could bring us a GREAT/FRESH (and really PRO ;)) character animation program! Or I hope so... Ermmm, but I don't want to talk too much (more) until I can test it a little at least... Well, I hope it happens very soon or I'll really die! :x
human

Post by human »

I didn't think you were saying that those researchers were employed by Adobe.

However, the triangular mesh solution, the use of static pins, the over- and under- strategies for overlapping are obviously the same.

Adobe must have learned from their academic papers... or licensed the technology...

My point was: Think what it would mean to have the whole solution available.
p6r

Post by p6r »

hello,

I have seen the movie about Fibermesh !!!
Incredible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I can't use the program !?!
After I have unzipped it I click on fibermesh.bat but nothing appears !?!
I know this dos window system from Takeo with teddy and so on but here it doesn't run !?!

Could you help me ?

6R
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

p6r wrote:hello,

I have seen the movie about Fibermesh !!!
Incredible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I can't use the program !?!
After I have unzipped it I click on fibermesh.bat but nothing appears !?!
I know this dos window system from Takeo with teddy and so on but here it doesn't run !?!

Could you help me ?

6R
Do you have Java runtime 2 installed?
This is required. And so is windows.
p6r

Post by p6r »

@ Patmals :
Oooops !!! It was the problem...
I was sure to already have the java 2 runtime installed !?! :oops:

Thanks a lot,

6R
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

p6r wrote:@ Patmals :
Oooops !!! It was the problem...
I was sure to already have the java 2 runtime installed !?! :oops:

Thanks a lot,

6R
Your welcome :)
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

human wrote:I didn't think you were saying that those researchers were employed by Adobe.
Ops! Sorry, thanks godness I can put forward (as always) the "language" excuse :roll:

...Well, so it seems that you could know more AFX CS3 details than me? I have been looking for more info but it seems that all that I've found is not much to me... So I like to know more :|, mOrE :):), MORE! :D:D:D I don't know, for example, any date or possible date about the final release, I think it's not official, but any idea or clue about that? I only hope it doesn't take much more than two months or something... Ah, you mentioned the triangular mesh, do you have any technical info about the feature? Cause I only have could find a few promotional videos showing how the feature works but not much more...

And... well, the worse part is that my processor has not that damned SSE2 instruction and I can't install the Beta to try it, so any testimonial about all this it'd be very nice if someone here have had the luck to can play with it... BTW, I'm very intrigated too about that new "Shape Layer" possibilities so THANKS in advance for/if any comments :)

Well, and that was all... GREETINGS!
Last edited by Rai López on Sun May 13, 2007 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
human

Post by human »

Ramón López wrote: don't know, for example, any date or possible date about the final release, I think it's not official, but any idea or clue about that?

you mentioned the triangular mesh, do you have any technical info about the feature?

I can't install the Beta to try it
The pre-ordering pages for the Adobe CS3 Production bundle seem to suggest a July release date.

No, I've just seen the triangular mesh in action in the demos, same as you

Beta?? Can I get one??
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

human wrote: Beta?? Can I get one??
See Here :arrow: Adobe Labs

You must be registered and I think you must have an older AFX version code, but I'm not totally sure about that last thing cause I couldn't install it althought I want, and I want... but I can't install it, emmm...

PS: Well I think I'll have a new computer over july! If not before... Uf, I can't wait... THANKS for the info! :D
Touched

Post by Touched »

I don't have that bloody SSE2 instruction set either. And so far Adobe's the only one requiring it. My computer's getting old, though, about 3 or 4 years now. Still haven't upgraded, though I've talked about it.