Render Escape, Merge Down, Dodge

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bupaje

Render Escape, Merge Down, Dodge

Post by bupaje »

I'd like to see a button to interupt 'Render' like the'Export Animation' has. While I have no great 3D talent I have played with 3D modelers long enough that I very frequently hit the 'Render' button when I meant to hit the 'Export Animation' and with more complex stuff I end up waiting long enough to be mad at myself for hitting the wrong option.

The 'Merge Down' is a just a thought but on a few things that I made using lots of layers to create different fills -i.e. using several effects, spots, colors and blending options to make metal- I wondered if to save rendering time it might be possible to either merge these into one simpler object/material or even to somehow 'pre-render' them? For example if I made a metal object with rivets that was composed of 10 layers I want to place several places in the scene and once I got it right I could save this object to reuse -like Moho objects- but simplified by either converting it to an image perhaps or merging down to one layer somehow so if I drop multiple instances in my scene it wouldn't burden the render down so much. Hope you can make sense of what I mean.

As for Dodge -low priority but I used it a lot as a blend mode in PSP for certain texture stuff and if at some point you are looking for things to add I'd find it useful -in part because it would also allow me to do things with textures in Moho the same way I did them in PSP (or Photoshop).
AcouSvnt

Post by AcouSvnt »

As for "merge down", why not just render what you have so far and then import it as an image layer? You can always save as PNG, which is lossless and has an alpha channel. If you go this route I'd render it sort of large just to preserve detail.
-Keith
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

I'll give that a try -thanks.