Multi-color gradient

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Hiddicop

Multi-color gradient

Post by Hiddicop »

I'm suprised that this hasn't already been done, cause it must be quite easy to fix. When using gradientfill you can only use two colors at a time. It would be a lot better if you could choose how many colors you would wan't (perhaps with a limitation at six or seven, so it fits the gradient-window.) In that case you could have a shape with a fill that goes from red to yellow to blue. And that would make something a lot easier.
kilerant

Post by kilerant »

that's right, i guess it's easy to do this and very usefull!
FMSonic

Post by FMSonic »

Toon Boom Studio has that feature, and it is very useful. What they do is have this bar at the bottom of the spectrum, and you would right click on it to add a color, the adjust the color to the liking, and finally, you could click and drag the slider in the bar so you can adjust the order the the gradient to your liking. I hate to say it, but color gradients are a major weakness in Moho because it lacks this.
groovedude

Gradiator

Post by groovedude »

I have a project right now I'd like to try doing in Moho, but Moho can't import a .swf object from Flash with a multi-color gradient that I strechted using Flash's gradient tool.

A workaround is to make the multi-color gradient objects images with an alpha but I won't, for reasons I'm too tired to write...
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

I'll chip in to this thread instead of starting a new one.

I would really REALLY like to have gradients that I can export to Flash!

edit:
I should be a little specific here. By gradients I mean ones more like those in Flash itself where you have control of start and end points etc. I realise that Moho does export its own grads to Flash but they are a bit too basic to get a lot of use out of.