can't get rid of Image Texture handles (on strokes)

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

hayasidist

Re: can't get rid of Image Texture handles (on strokes)

Post by hayasidist »

Hoptoad wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:41 am 1. make sure the Defaults are exactly what you want a stroke to be, and make a stroke.
2. select the stroke
3. click the "copy" button above the "Advanced" checkbox.
4. go to the layer with all the strokes with unwanted handles, choose the Select Shape tool and click the "Select All" button.
5. click the paste button next to the "copy" button, and all the handles should go away

Well, it worked for me anyway. Good luck!
yeah - good catch and good workaround.

BTW - same for every fill effect that has a handle (e.g. gradient..)

I've logged this as a bug: J352
NanotechBeasts

Post by NanotechBeasts »

It doesn't seem to be a bug. The only thing similar I have experienced is when I accidentally had applied a double style to the same shape/line or accidentally had the same group line duplicated. I solve this by trying to delete the fill and trying to delete the object to see if I have two.

If this doesn't work I would try to move the objects to a new layer or apply a gradient to all of them and remove the gradient to see if that undoes the glitch.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

NanotechBeasts wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:28 pm It doesn't seem to be a bug. ...
yeah - not so much bug more poor UX (but 'the system' considers them all as bugs) :wink:
NanotechBeasts

Post by NanotechBeasts »

I meant does not doesn't. Sorry major typo.
Reindeer

Post by Reindeer »

Hoptoad wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:41 am This happened to me. It happened when I made a shape, selected it and chose image texture > tile, but then I didn't select an image source because I changed my mind. Nonetheless, image texture became the Default.

THEN. . .with that default activated, I switched to the draw tool and made some strokes.

When I chose the Select Shape tool, all those strokes had handles.

To get rid of the handles, you need to replace the Default "fill" information embedded in the strokes.

Try this:

1. make sure the Defaults are exactly what you want a stroke to be, and make a stroke.
2. select the stroke
4. go to the layer with all the strokes with unwanted handles, choose the Select Shape tool and click the "Select All" button.
5. click the paste button next to the "copy" button, and all the handles should go away

Yes yes yes! Wow! It worked! :D :D :D I double-tested this solution on two different layer with the problem and both were fixed. Woah, thanks heaps!

The preceding steps that led to the handles being stuck in the strokes are almost exactly as you described. I first selected a shape (a fill, which I drew with the Blob Tool), and added a texture. After that, the stuck handles appeared on the strokes (of another layer). Strangely, the strokes had been drawn prior to the fill with the Texture. The only difference with your experience is that I actually added the Image Texture by selecting the source, but other than that it's verbatim.

i'm super relieved, because I'm working on a project that will be needing image textures and I was starting to fear I'd have to steer away from them.
Reindeer

Post by Reindeer »

NanotechBeasts wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:28 pm It doesn't seem to be a bug. The only thing similar I have experienced is when I accidentally had applied a double style to the same shape/line or accidentally had the same group line duplicated. I solve this by trying to delete the fill and trying to delete the object to see if I have two.

If this doesn't work I would try to move the objects to a new layer or apply a gradient to all of them and remove the gradient to see if that undoes the glitch.
The genesis of this "quirk" (if it's not a bug) happened to me exactly as @hayasidist described. I can't find a reason why Moho should transfer a style from a fill to strokes on a different layer, so if it's not a bug it's definitely something VERY hard to pin down. Anyway, Hayasidist offers a solution that works, and I'd say for memory's sake is well worth noting down somewhere.
Reindeer

Post by Reindeer »

Daxel wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:17 am
Reindeer wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:09 am
This happens even with one shape selected. The Effect 1 (for fills) says there's an image texture somewhere but is greyed out so I can't tell it to be "plain"
But now the panel is displaying the actual shape properties and we can see that you are not doing anything wrong, something is clearly not working well there and a bug report makes sense.
@Haiasidist posted a solution which worked. So, now I'm not sure it would be taken ok as an actual bug. It's no doubt strange that strokes should get "stuck" with textures which were never assigned, so... well, something in the Moho's user logic (if that makes sense) is quirky there.
Reindeer

Post by Reindeer »

Reindeer wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:58 pm
NanotechBeasts wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:28 pm It doesn't seem to be a bug. The only thing similar I have experienced is when I accidentally had applied a double style to the same shape/line or accidentally had the same group line duplicated. I solve this by trying to delete the fill and trying to delete the object to see if I have two.

The genesis of this "quirk" (if it's not a bug) happened to me exactly as @Hoptoad described. I can't find a reason why Moho should transfer a style from a fill to strokes on a different layer, so if it's not a bug it's definitely something VERY hard to pin down. Anyway, Hoptoad offers a solution that works, and I'd say for memory's sake is well worth noting down somewhere.
Reindeer

Post by Reindeer »

Reindeer wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:03 pm
Daxel wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:17 am
Reindeer wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:09 am
This happens even with one shape selected. The Effect 1 (for fills) says there's an image texture somewhere but is greyed out so I can't tell it to be "plain"
But now the panel is displaying the actual shape properties and we can see that you are not doing anything wrong, something is clearly not working well there and a bug report makes sense.
@Hoptoad posted a solution which worked. So, now I'm not sure it would be taken ok as an actual bug. It's no doubt strange that strokes should get "stuck" with textures which were never assigned, so... well, something in the Moho's user logic (if that makes sense) is quirky there.
Reindeer

Post by Reindeer »

hayasidist wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:23 pm
Hoptoad wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:41 am 1. make sure the Defaults are exactly what you want a stroke to be, and make a stroke.
2. select the stroke

Ah, thanks for logging it. After @Hoptoad's workaround I wasn't sure we're looking at an actual bug. It sure pretends it's a bug very effectively!
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

NanotechBeasts wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:17 pm I meant does not doesn't. Sorry major typo.
:lol: :lol: :lol: no probs! (not a full moon is it? thinking back to your username over in kelleytown! :wink: )
NanotechBeasts

Post by NanotechBeasts »

hayasidist wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:48 pm
NanotechBeasts wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:17 pm I meant does not doesn't. Sorry major typo.
:lol: :lol: :lol: no probs! (not a full moon is it? thinking back to your username over in kelleytown! :wink: )
I know right! lol! ; )
NanotechBeasts

Post by NanotechBeasts »

Reindeer wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:25 pm
hayasidist wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:23 pm
2. select the stroke

Ah, thanks for logging it. After @Hoptoad's workaround I wasn't sure we're looking at an actual bug. It sure pretends it's a bug very effectively!
Glad you found a solution! : )