Does my file need saving?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Hoptoad

Does my file need saving?

Post by Hoptoad »

When I have multiple Moho projects open and a file needs saving, I'll see an exclamation point on the tab. That is a great feature.

But when there is only 1 project open, I don't see an exclamation point. Is there a way I can tell that a file has been modified and needs saving?
Daxel

Re: Does my file need saving?

Post by Daxel »

Yeah I feel the same. I guess it was changed so we can enjoy more display space, which is really nice, but I miss not only the "edited" icon (I think it's actually a pen) but the quick menu when right clicking the tab, that is handy to export and open folder. Well, I can live without those but we definitely need an "edited" icon somewhere.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Daxel wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:50 pm(I think it's actually a pen)
LOL! Oh my goodness, you're right. It's not an exclamation mark, it's a pen!

I thought Moho was panicking and telling me "Hurry! Save your file now!!! You modified it!!!!!!! AAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

looking on the bright side -- you'll be prompted to save if you try to quit without saving the "lone" doc - so you can't accidentally leave unsaved changes. But yes -- it would be nice to have the pencil! (or whatever)
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

hayasidist wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:25 pm looking on the bright side -- you'll be prompted to save if you try to quit without saving the "lone" doc - so you can't accidentally leave unsaved changes. But yes -- it would be nice to have the pencil! (or whatever)
Oh, that's true. I forgot about that nice feature.

I recently opened a NEW file that I don't need beside the one I'm working on, so the tab feature activated and the "pencil" came back. :D