UI interface - can icons be displayed larger?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Easedale

Re: UI interface - can icons be displayed larger?

Post by Easedale »

Wow! That looks really interesting. I will definitely give that a try tomorrow. I’ll let you know how I get on. Thanks again for taking the time to reflect on this and give some replies. Really appreciated.
Easedale

Post by Easedale »

Greenlaw wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:29 pm @Easedale,

By the way, it's possible to get Windows to override the Windows scaling for a specific program. The feature is not very well documented, and I've only gotten it to work suitably years ago when I had a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 tablet computer.

Here's a YouTube video with an example of how it works...

The user who made the video is applying the changes directly to the original .exe, but it's probably wiser to do this to a shortcut instead. There's also an option he's not using at the top of the Program Properties window that has an effect.

Just mentioning this in case you want to experiment with these options. Let me know if you get it to work for you and which options you used. I may mess around with this later today for my Surface Laptop Studio. (Depending on my display settings, Moho tends to be too big or too small on this computer.)

Fantastic! Brilliant! How I love friendly forums, where people help each other!
This has done it. My resolution is the same, but all the icons are at least twice as big and easy to use. I was really quite depressed at the thought of getting back into animation after a bit of a break and finding that just using the program was going to give me a headache from eye strain but can now I can look forward to many happy hours over the winter. Thank you so much.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Easedale wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:26 am This has done it. My resolution is the same, but all the icons are at least twice as big and easy to use.
Fantastic! Glad to hear that worked for you. and thanks for getting back to me on this. Now, I want to fix this for my laptop. :D
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi,

This info is for other users visiting this thread with Moho display size issues...

I finally got back to this for my own laptop display issue. Here's what the display looked like with my 14.4-inch Surface Laptop Studio display set to the default size of 2460 x 1600 and 150% scaling...

For me, the text size is just readable enough at 14.4 inches, but the Tools window looks bigger than normal and takes up more room than necessary.

So I right-clicked on the Moho 14 shortcut, selected Properties, and clicked the Compatibility tab.

Next, I clicked Change Settings For All Users. This is the same as selecting Change High DPI Settings, but it applies the new settings for any user who signs in to this laptop to use Moho. Then, in that window, I clicked Change High DPI Settings. Here is the new setting I chose...

When I chose the Application option, I saw no change, but System and System (Enhanced) looked like this...

Ah, better! The Tool Window now looks more reasonably sized for this screen. In my case, I saw no difference between System and System (Enhanced) on this computer, so I went with System (Enhanced).

After a moment, I decided the text did look a bit small, so I enabled the Larger Text option in Moho's Preferences window.

Oh, yeah...this is MUCH better! No more eye strain for me when using Moho on this small laptop display...

Hope this info helps other users with Moho display size issues. :D
Last edited by Greenlaw on Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

I'm saving this thread in case I need it some day. Thanks Greenlaw.