Can't see bones on the vector layers

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

3dioot

Can't see bones on the vector layers

Post by 3dioot »

I've ran into a little snag where I can't see my bones anymore when I am no a vector layer. This used to work just fine. When I do a little test with a new file it works as expected so I am guessing I messed up a setting somewhere.

I have a bone layer with various bones and nested under those my vector layers. When I am on the bone layer I can see the bones, when I am on one of the vector layers I cannot. The weird is that the tools panel on the left DOES show the bone tools when I am on the vector layers so that indicates to me that things are structured right.

Does anyone know what could cause the bones to not be visible on the vector layers? In the image I attached you can see the layer structure and the arm. If I would go to the bone layer you would see two arm bones and a hand bone.

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Can't see bones on the vector layers

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi. First be sure the "Show curves" checkbox is on at the bottom right corner of the main window. If I'm remembering well, you can also use Ctrl+Shift+C to turn it on or off.
I'm saying this because in your screenshot we are not seeing the vector points either and this checkbox hides bones, vectors and other construction curves. So maybe that's the solution.

Now, if that doesn't help, then maybe the bone layer has the Paths off. To fix that, right click over the bone layer, go to Quick Settings and there activate the "Paths" ticket (the names could be a bit different. I'm not in front of my computer right now).

I hope this helps.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
3dioot

Re: Can't see bones on the vector layers

Post by 3dioot »

Thank you Victor!

Your second suggestion about paths being off on the bone layer was the cause of my problem.

I know I could have pasted the curves in a new file and worked from there but I'd much rather know what I did wrong and how I can fix it when it happens again. Which I do now!

Thanks again :)