Keyframes for styles?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

egypturnash

Keyframes for styles?

Post by egypturnash »

I have defined a bunch of named styles in frame 0 for a thing I am animating. Then I went to a later frame and changed them all. As expected, the colors all slowly changed over time.

But I'm not seeing a channel in the timeline for this. If I go to window>timeline channels, there's nothing available to turn on. There's clearly some auto-generated keyframes somewhere in this file but I can't figure out how to access them. How can I make them show up so I can move/edit/delete them?
old lady who might finally be recovering from having worked at Spumco at the turn of the century
synthsin75

Re: Keyframes for styles?

Post by synthsin75 »

egypturnash

Re: Keyframes for styles?

Post by egypturnash »

Oh wow that's a weird little workaround, thank you! I wonder if "add a channel for style keyframes" is anywhere on Lost Marble's roadmap, fooling around trying to add some more color changes to see what happened resulted in auto-keyframes that didn't appear until I deleted the previously-existing one on the timeline. It sure feels like nobody was ever expected to want to change colors during an animation.
old lady who might finally be recovering from having worked at Spumco at the turn of the century