Styles tutorial

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

myles

Styles tutorial

Post by myles »

I've put up a styles tutorial in SWF form, trying a somewhat more chatty approach, which is probably less than successful.

ingie01 posted a question about this, but I can't find his post, so I assume he has resolved his questions.

Dialup users note: it's about half a megabyte.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

nice and thanks again!
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

Thank you very much Myles. The graphical depiction of the steps is something that works for me. My eyes glaze over when text is the venue.I removed my post due to complacency. I had been accustomed to having a reply within hours to my questions, but that one had taken 3 days! :wink: Is there a way to save that tut to my hard drive?
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
CartoonM!ke

Post by CartoonM!ke »

Thanks for the Tute, Myles!

It helped me a lot with understand styles and how to use the color pallette. I like the chatty tone of it and how straightforward it was in explaining things. Excellent work!
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Wonderful job, Myles! I have been around here for a while, and I even learned something (that right clicking on a swatch will set the outline color).

I don't think it's too chatty of a "style" (pun intended), and I think it makes a great addition to the documentation.

Thanks!

jorgy
myles

Post by myles »

Thanks everyone!
ingie01 wrote:I had been accustomed to having a reply within hours to my questions, but that one had taken 3 days!
Sometimes questions just seem to hit a general lull, although this newsgroup is generally fairly responsive - in part because of the international nature of the participants.
ingie01 wrote:Is there a way to save that tut to my hard drive?
File, Save As, "Web page, complete" (or your browser's equivalent) should save the SWF and the HTML (necessary to set the SWF size).

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
russell

Post by russell »

I'm really learning a lot from your tutorials. Thank you!
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

THANKS to invert so much time on this kind of things! Definitely they contribute to make a/the program more GREAT if possible :) ...I think that if you'd want you could (even) make an organized SUPER video tutorials post in the macton's "Here's some handy scripts" way, for more accesibility to all your learning material and... well, maybe in the future even you could get too a Lost Marble page link to it :)
aphid

myles style tutorial

Post by aphid »

Thanks very much for that tutorial- have only just discoverd it. did not know about right click for outline. up to now have been avoiding 'styles' and having to use the colour picker- because I never got it to work out in styles. so- thanks. :)