Problem exporting 4k

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mystd

Problem exporting 4k

Post by mystd »

When I try to export in moho 12 3840 x 2160 (project settings) I get Unable to create movie: unable to add video stream to media.

Anyone else having this problem?
new account: brahrah
slowtiger

Re: Problem exporting 4k

Post by slowtiger »

Wasn't full 4K support just added in v12.1?
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Greenlaw

Re: Problem exporting 4k

Post by Greenlaw »

I think you can now export up to 9000 x 9000 (I recently ran a test at 9k x 9k but I didn't try higher than that.) That's was for an image sequence though. I think for a movie file, the format or codec must be able support the size, and some can only support specific industry standard sizes.

If the movie format is supposed to be able to handle large formats like Ultra HD, and you still get an error, you might be running out of memory. Writing out a movie file directly from an animation program can be very memory intensive because it typically needs to hold all the frames in memory in addition to processing animation/fx tasks. This is why rendering out an image sequence from an animation program is usually preferred--this only requires memory for the frame(s) that are currently being rendered. (At least that's how it works in many animation/compositing programs, and I think this includes Moho.)

After rendering the image sequence, you bring it into an editing program like Premiere, Final Cut or Vegas, and output the movie there. Alternatively, you can import the image sequence into a new Moho files as an image sequence and the render the movie file--this will take less memory because Moho will not need to process any animation data, it only needs to compile the pre-rendered frames.

Hope this helps.

(Note: My knowledge on this topic may be dated so if any of the above information is inaccurate, please correct. Thanks!)