Bones not visible on vector layer

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

strider2000

Bones not visible on vector layer

Post by strider2000 »

I've done something wonky and cannot figure out how I did it or how to fix it. :oops: So any help is much appreciated.

I have a vector layer, within a group, within a bone layer. Simple enough. I have a smart bone that I can see on the bone layer and the group layer. Again what I'd expect, but strangely I cannot see the smart bone on the vector layer. In addition, the timeline for the action associated with the smart bone is blue when I check the bone and group layer, but it's red when i check the vector layer. I think I must have done a paste or something, but I cannot duplicate it or figure out what to do (or even why the timeline turns red, blue and green. I do realize a standard action is red.) I'm hoping its something very simple that's obvious to others, just not to me :o Thanks for any help.
synthsin75

Re: Bones not visible on vector layer

Post by synthsin75 »

Do you have nested control enabled for the bone layer?
strider2000

Re: Bones not visible on vector layer

Post by strider2000 »

Yes I do.

Ah I just figured it out. I had the head group layer bound to head bone (not a smart bone) as part of the normal skeleton. I checked that after seeing this in the doc.
the bone layer can warp the artwork in those vector layers if Allow nested layer control is turned on in the Bones tab of the Layer Properties palette and if the group layer is not bound
Your question must have gotten something to click in my head (pardon the pun) :)