How do I change the folder name without losing link

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DaleG

How do I change the folder name without losing link

Post by DaleG »

I want to change the name of the I have some images in that Ive used in a moho project (to keep the names consistent throught the project). Is there a way to change the file name and keep the link? Is there a way to recorrect links Ive lost by changing the name if I dont recall the original name? In other words...where does moho keep track of the link, and how do i make changes?

Thanks
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

To correct a broken link, double-click the image layer to bring up the Layer Settings dialog. Go to the Image tab and click "Source Image..." to re-locate the image file.

If you have lots of images, this can become tedious. If you're willing to muck around in the guts of a Moho file (make a backup copy first), try opening it in a text editor. Search for lines that looks like one of these:

image "legs.png"
image "images/legs.png"
image "C:/Documents and Settings/Fred/Desktop/legs.png"

Edit these lines to include the new folder name, save the file, and open it back up in Moho.
marchdigital

Post by marchdigital »

Once upon a time you used to be able to simply place all of your images into the same directory as your Moho file and then Moho would default the path to the image locally in the same directory if it could not resolve the original path to the image. This function seems to have been removed recently.

Any reason why?

It was a great feature - now that this function has been removed Moho can be a nightmare to use when working with mutliple animators.
Chris Walker
March Digital, Australia
chris@marchdigital.com.au
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

marchdigital wrote:Once upon a time you used to be able to simply place all of your images into the same directory as your Moho file and then Moho would default the path to the image locally in the same directory if it could not resolve the original path to the image. This function seems to have been removed recently.

Any reason why?

It was a great feature - now that this function has been removed Moho can be a nightmare to use when working with mutliple animators.
There never was a feature where Moho would look someplace else for missing image files. If you put all the images in the same folder to begin with (or in a subfolder within that same folder), then it's easier to keep track of them to begin with. But there never was a feature where Moho would automatically look someplace else for missing images.
macton

Post by macton »

Lost Marble wrote:There never was a feature where Moho would look someplace else for missing image files. If you put all the images in the same folder to begin with (or in a subfolder within that same folder), then it's easier to keep track of them to begin with. But there never was a feature where Moho would automatically look someplace else for missing images.
I've added a script for it:
Select a directory, and the script will look in that directory and any subdirectories for the any broken image links. If the image link is not broken, it won't touch it.

See the "Relink Lost Images" script
http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... highlight=