Character Wizard Modding

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Kedric

Character Wizard Modding

Post by Kedric »

I have been playing with the Character Wizard and have been adding eyes, mouths, heads, etc.

I have found the Character Wizard is pretty much useless if I can't edit the bodies at all.

When you edit the preset file in notepad, under "CharacterType" there are seven types of characters.

Type 0 - Man
Type 1 - Woman
Type 2 - Boy
Type 3 - Girl
Type 4 - Creature
Type 5 - Mannequin
Type 6 - Big Head

How difficult would it be to create another type?

Adding another type is the only way to get any real power from the Wizard.
Distinct Sun

Post by Distinct Sun »

I don't think that will work. I think they are done procedurally.
Kedric

Post by Kedric »

What do you think would work?

I really would like to make use of this character maker.
Distinct Sun

Post by Distinct Sun »

Good question.

They are all Biped body types and it looks like all using the same bone(skeleton) except maybe the creature.. not sure though.. haven't looked into differences there.

If you had a biped character, you may be able to utilize the character wizard to build it all out and then pop into the resulting bone groups and edit/ replace the created body part layers as needed, leaving the bones intact. This would entail some trial and error... I haven't had a chance in the past few weeks to play around much, but I will see how something like this turns out and try to jump back up here soon.

If it is not a biped, then the bones would need to be done too.. and if it is too far from the bone rig used in the Wizard, building your own would sound like it could be quicker in this instance.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I think the best approach is to output the character that closest meets your needs then mod each view. Save in an anime file for later reference. Most of the characters in the wizard I wouldn't use even if a gun was pointed at my head. They are that bad.

Dale