How do I make bones move an imported image?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jds491r

How do I make bones move an imported image?

Post by jds491r »

How do I make bones move an imported image? It doesn't allow me to add points to the image so what do I do?
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Either trace it so it's a vector, or break it up into pieces and import the individual pieces.
jds491r

Post by jds491r »

Cutting it up did the trick. Thanks!
Distinct Sun

Post by Distinct Sun »

in the pro version you can put an image into the bone group and it is then affected by the bones. This can be used to warp images.

If you are making a character out of photos. sounds like you figured it out. cut it up, you will get better results. Check out the library > characters> version 5 > aya or winsor characters. They are made out of transparent png files all individually imported.

In Anime Studio 8 Pro you could also cut the character up in Photoshop and then just import the photoshop file and add bones. Layers are intact and in fact you can do live updating tweaks on the layers too, but be careful because there are certain things like if you hide a layer in the source photoshop file and save it, where when it live link updates it breaks the link. I'd have all the layers I want in the final there upon import, because adding layers can be tricky too. it seems like it is Mostly for Updating and tweaks.