How can I get certain places on my timeline to turn red?!?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

TiaJade

How can I get certain places on my timeline to turn red?!?

Post by TiaJade »

I am making an animation and want my fish to come on at a certain point and not to move before that so I heard that I could make my timeline turn red and that means that they will not move or show up on the screen until a certain point. Does anybody know how I can do this or have any other ways?! Please e-mail me at: x0x_diva_x0x@hotmail.com
I only have one day left to do this so please reply ASAP!
Thanks!
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

double click on the desired layer on the desired frame and turn VISIBILITY off. When you want it to reappear turn it back on. The invisible frames are in red. It's that simple.

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
myles

Post by myles »

Note that turning a layer invisible (red in the timeline) stops your fish from showing up, but does not stop it moving. (You can also keyframe the visibility channel, which has the same effect as the Visible property in the layer settings panel.)

To keep your fish off-screen and then have it swim on-screen later, place it offscreen in frame 0, then copy the frame 0 movement keyframe (point translation, layer translation, or bone translation, whichever you are using) in the timeline to the frame where you want the fish to start moving. For example, copy the keyframe at frame 0 and paste it to frame 24.

Code: Select all

0---------------24---------------48
o---------------o----------------o   <-- movement channel
^               ^                ^
offscreen     offscreen       onscreen
   no movement  | movement 

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx