Thunder Machi

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Thunder Machi

Post by Víctor Paredes »

New! watch it on vimeo
http://vimeo.com/8291759

Hi, I want to share the first short of four I'm working. They are about myths of Mapuche people.
Mapuche is a culture which lives on the south of Chile and part of Argentina. They have been persecuted and exterminated by the spanish conquers and, after the "independence" of Chile and Argentina, by all our governments.
Now they are named officially by the government and all the mass media as terrorists, but you and I know from where that reductionism comes.

Anyway, here is a little short, it's not finished yet, it has no final sound and maybe will be improved after.
The character animation is mine, the desing is from a woman I don't remember her name right now and the composition was made by the very talented people of Fluor.

It's supposed I can't share this short yet, but I couldn't wait :roll:
http://www.mediafire.com/?gmikjz0imgm
it's a mov 1:49, 24 fps, 19 mb.
Last edited by Víctor Paredes on Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jwlane

Re: Thunder Machi

Post by jwlane »

selgin wrote: Now they are named officially by the government and all the mass media as terrorists, but you and I know from where that reductionism comes.
Let me guess, their home territory has valuable minerals or oil. Please keep us posted.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

This is beautiful and important work. I don't understand Spanish, but the visual storytelling is easy to follow. Thanks for sharing.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Thunder Machi

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Ok, I know not much people agree with download a 19mb file of something don't know, so I upload the video to vimeo.
http://vimeo.com/8291759

Thanks, neeters, I'm glad you like it.
jwlane wrote:Let me guess, their home territory has valuable minerals or oil. Please keep us posted.
Close, it has very rich hydric and natural resources, plus, many of the lands where they lived were stolen by spanish and chilean conquers many years ago and now own to some of the richest families on Chile.
When Allende was president (1970-73) many of that lands were expropriated and gived to mapuche and chilean farmers to work on it, but after the strike of Pinochet on 1973 all that lands (and more) were stolen again and sold to the same families and militars in ridiculous prices.
Most of the hydric electricity of Chile is generated there by Spanish multinational companies and sell on high prices to all us. Plus, they want to build more dams there, leaving no place to live for many Mapuche and damaging thousands of hectares of forests (killing and leaving without home, by the way, millions of animals)
Genete

Post by Genete »

Outstanding usage of textures Selgin!
The download animation file has much better soundtrack quality, IMHO.

I'm confirming day by day whom I'm fan of ;)

-G
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Very nice texturing Selgin, I really like your stuff! :D