Anime Studio 10

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Re: Anime Studio 10

Post by heyvern »

My favorite part of the beta process was trying to decide what would be this versions "Smart Bones". ;)
A lot of us kept thinking we needed a big ground breaking feature that would shake things up as much as Smart Bones. Personally I think there was more than one feature that really broke new ground. Of course I love bones... so any improvements to bones is good.

My favs:
The new bone constraints (Independent angle, bone squetch scaling, target bones)
Smooth bone joint (tricky to explain but easy to understand... awesome!)
Bone hiding!!!!! (finally! And point hiding too... but... I like bone hiding. ;) )

The SUPER FAST PREVIEW RENDERS!!!
That is going to save TONS OF TIME! Preview animation now renders as fast as playback in Anime Studio! Cool freaking beans!
Not only a help for super fast production previews and timing, it will help out those of use who need to demonstrate file rigging and construction curves because it can render the "interface" elements like bones and vectors directly to a movie file. And of course it's as fast to render as play back in Anime Studio.

And of course MULTIPLE OPEN DOCUMENTS!!!
Another "about time" feature. That one blew me away. ;)
I am still trying to get use to this. You "forget" that opening a new file doesn't close the current file. If you don't pay attention you suddenly realize you have 10 documents open.
JeremyLavine

Post by JeremyLavine »

Is there still time to add warping to texture filled objects, to wear the texture would warp as you adjust an objects shape?

Anime Studio has everything else. :D It would be great if it had this feature!
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

heyvern wrote:Smooth bone joint (tricky to explain but easy to understand... awesome!)
This is the one that really looks great. Naturally, just as I got used to patch layers for characters' joints, along comes something to make it even easier. I'm not usually all jazzed up about new features, but this one really looks intriguing.
~Danimal
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

SO I looked through the playlist of YouTube videos, and did not see anything about being able to use multiple audio files, specifically related to lip synching. It's still the same exact process, 1 audio file per switch layer which is just a big ole PITA. Having to record a complicated dialog in a single audio file really screws with timing your scenes out properly, also makes it a big ole PITA if you have to change the animation thus requiring you to re-record and re-edit your audio tracks, or have a multitude of switch layer duplicates, each pointing to a separate audio file. Oh sure, the die-hard fans think it's just fine, not that big of a deal, but it is. It's inconvenient and really screws with an efficient workflow.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

wizaerd wrote:SO I looked through the playlist of YouTube videos, and did not see anything about being able to use multiple audio files, specifically related to lip synching. It's still the same exact process, 1 audio file per switch layer which is just a big ole PITA.
Ok, I checked this in version 10 and -actually- you can use more than one audio file to make automatic lipsync. I haven't 9.5 here, but I'm almost sure you can do it in that version too.

Here is what I did:
I imported two audio files and move them with the sequencer (to have both separated in time). Then went to the switch layer proprieties, and select the first audio source. It created the keyframes.
Then I went again to the switch layer proprieties, and select the other audio. It created the new keyframes. Now both sets of keyframes are on the layer.
Am I missing something?
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

Rigged animation supervisor: My father's dragon, Wolfwalkers & Star Wars Visions "Screecher's Reach"
My personal Youtube Channel
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

selgin wrote:
wizaerd wrote:SO I looked through the playlist of YouTube videos, and did not see anything about being able to use multiple audio files, specifically related to lip synching. It's still the same exact process, 1 audio file per switch layer which is just a big ole PITA.
Ok, I checked this in version 10 and -actually- you can use more than one audio file to make automatic lipsync. I haven't 9.5 here, but I'm almost sure you can do it in that version too.

Here is what I did:
I imported two audio files and move them with the sequencer (to have both separated in time). Then went to the switch layer proprieties, and select the first audio source. It created the keyframes.
Then I went again to the switch layer proprieties, and select the other audio. It created the new keyframes. Now both sets of keyframes are on the layer.
Am I missing something?
I have not tried this, because everywhere I've read and/or asked, the response was always 1 single audio file per switch layer. When I've asked before about multiple audio files, the response has always been to combine them into 1 single audio file, or duplicate the switch layer for however many audio clips I wanted to lipsynch too. When you imported the audio file, does it automatically get added to the sequencer? (truth be told, I've rarely looked at the sequencer)... Thank you for your experimentation. I will try this out this weekend... (assuming I know what I'm doing, which is never a good assumption)
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

wizaerd wrote:I have not tried this, because everywhere I've read and/or asked, the response was always 1 single audio file per switch layer. When I've asked before about multiple audio files, the response has always been to combine them into 1 single audio file, or duplicate the switch layer for however many audio clips I wanted to lipsynch too. When you imported the audio file, does it automatically get added to the sequencer? (truth be told, I've rarely looked at the sequencer)... Thank you for your experimentation. I will try this out this weekend... (assuming I know what I'm doing, which is never a good assumption)
Sorry, I never read a post asking this. Probably I missed it.
The sequencer is just another way to see the timeline, you don't add layers to the sequencer, since it just show you all the layers in your proyect. The idea of the sequencer is to be able to move entire layers (and its animation) in time. It's specially useful for audio and video.
Anyway, I'm glad you received a new feature (a little late, I know :roll:)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

Rigged animation supervisor: My father's dragon, Wolfwalkers & Star Wars Visions "Screecher's Reach"
My personal Youtube Channel
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I've never really had any huge gigantic problems with audio layers and lip sync. There is like a bazillion ways to edit audio... free, paid, all kinds of options. I now have more tools than I need to edit audio.

I even use Anime Studio as an audio mixer to create a single audio track.

If i have a bunch of separate audio tracks, like dialog, I import each one on a separate layer and slide them around in the sequencer to get timing the way I want it while being able to visually see the characters. Then I render a teeny tiny resolution movie of the "mixed" audio tracks and extract the audio in QT or simply just reimport the rendered movie if I'm in a hurry.

Imported movie layers have the same audio properties as audio layers. I render out to a really teeny tiny pixel size so the movie itself doesn't have a huge impact on render times or performance, or better, just open the render in QT to extract the audio. You can open a movie in QT and export audio only or use any number of other tools to extract the audio.

It's kind of a fun way to edit/mix audio because ASP has really simple easy quick tools for panning audio, changing and animating audio levels. In some ways it's simpler and a more intuitive way to edit audio then other tools.

Using this trick is another way to get your audio into "one track" for switch layer lip sync. You can still keep the separate tracks in your ASP file, export a single audio track and import it, then just turn off the other audio layers. If you need to make changes, turn the separate tracks back on and the composited on off, make adjustments or re-render. When you re-render and replace the composited audio track it updates in ASP automatically.
hammerjammer

Post by hammerjammer »

Hello all

I just sat and watched a bunch of the video tutorials that Chad Troftgruben & Jim Mills put together For Anime Studio 10.
Firstly, Good job to Chad and Jim, As usual the tutorials are very well done and well spoken. 8)

Having said that, Version 10 Looks super cool. I cannot wait till its available...

I'm lookin forward to playing with the new features. Some don't seam like that big of a deal to me now due to my skill set. But, some definitely have potential to be really fun to have.

Hell, I sold my children, Wife and the Dog just so I had the money to upgrade.
Then, I deleted all of the family photos to make room on the hard drive for the new software.

HE HE HE lol

I'm Just kidding, :D

I'm only joking. :lol:

Don't anyone call the police or PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals)

I kept the dog. :wink: :wink:

HammerJammer
Check out All of my animations on my YouTube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerAnimation/videos

Thanks for watching!
Hammerjammer
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

ijnuh wrote:Hi all,

I'm a noob and bought Anime Pro Studio 9 and then upgraded to pro 9.5 less than 30 days ago, is there a possibility Smith Micro will offer a complementary pro 10 upgrade?
From the Smith Micro website:
Smith Micro Software’s Free Upgrade Policy is only available for users that have Qualified Purchases at the Regular Prices from our Online Stores on or after February 2nd 2014 but before March 5th, 2014 only. Requests for Free Upgrade must be made before April 4th, 2014.
~Danimal
Yosemite Sam

Post by Yosemite Sam »

Danimal wrote:
Yosemite Sam wrote:go to the smith micro YouTube channel and check out the Anime Studio 10 playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... PAGz25oxmQ
Ah, I didn't see anything about boobs so I didn't bother... :lol:
Good point :)
Jimmy Mills

Some of my Moho Pro work.
My Demo Reel: https://youtu.be/_kSCno4Wd3c?si=gNT7d27R7sM4jjqq
Buddies Ep 4: https://youtu.be/f8Zbzo2mpHA?si=4EyxhBOrgOxkDoSO
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Version 10 looks like a very big advancement for the software. The tutorials and feature guides by Chad and Jim are excellent too. Really great work :D
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

It's looking quite impressive indeed.
Excellent job with the tutorials, Chad + Jim!
I had some issues with fonts in 9.5 (I have more than 1000 installed on my computer, and 9.5 pro crashed all the time when I tried to use fonts, but 9.5 Debut did let me use them, which is odd) hopefully that won't be an issue in 10.
I've noticed that the character wizard is still the same, which is a great pity... I had high hopes that some progress would have been made there in 10...
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

Oh, and it'll be interesting to see the upgrade policy... I bought 9.5 pro in August 2013. :roll:
Yosemite Sam

Post by Yosemite Sam »

AmigaMan wrote:Version 10 looks like a very big advancement for the software. The tutorials and feature guides by Chad and Jim are excellent too. Really great work :D
Thanks, Dale!
Jimmy Mills

Some of my Moho Pro work.
My Demo Reel: https://youtu.be/_kSCno4Wd3c?si=gNT7d27R7sM4jjqq
Buddies Ep 4: https://youtu.be/f8Zbzo2mpHA?si=4EyxhBOrgOxkDoSO