How about rotating 2d objects in 3d space in Moho?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: How about rotating 2d objects in 3d space in Moho?

Post by Greenlaw »

chucky wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:18 pm TO the batcave! I mean Lenny's... although nope I'm bogged down in work, still glad I checked in to see this.
Same here...neck deep in work today. :wink:
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

AHA! I took quick look just now because this was so simple, I couldn't see how I possibly messed it up...and it turns out I misunderstood what the mod actually does.

I thought the mod affected any transformations made with the Transform Layer tool, but on closer examination of the script section I see it only affects Shift+Alt to push in Z...which, of course, is what we were discussing earlier when you suggested this. D'oh!

Anyway, yes, using Shift+Alt to push in Z space for multiple views now works like a charm! Both views are updating together perfectly!

Sorry for the misunderstanding and thanks again for the tip!
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Chucky, I'm sure I've heard this complaint before, but just never thought of how simple a script fix would be.

Dennis, you could add that line to the very end of any OnMouseDown function, to do the same thing for everything it does, but that would run a high risk of affecting performance. I figured the alt+shift z-depth would be simple enough (just moving on a constrained axis). You could try it and see if it adversely affects a more complex file.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

synthsin75 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:30 am Dennis, you could add that line to the very end of any OnMouseDown function, to do the same thing for everything it does, but that would run a high risk of affecting performance.
Yeah, I imagine there is a performance cost involved. I'll play around with it and see what's 'tolerable'. :)