Angle bending issues

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mkelley

Angle bending issues

Post by mkelley »

I notice that even in the sample startup file that comes with AS the character's leg doesn't bend properly. If you bend the shinbone to a 90 degree angle (or even less) there will be a noticable "depression" in the back of the knee.

This gets worse for characters with larger thighs -- with all of my characters the distortion is such that it makes trying to create a walk practically useless (quite aside from the cycling issues I've posted elsewhere). Is there a way around this (with, perhaps, other bones to add to the sides somewhere? I tried this but didn't get very far)? Or do you just accept this distortion? (I suppose I could edit the vertices themselves, but it seems like if you're going to do this you might as well not use bones).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rarararararara hip-hip a-ray

Post by 1999 »

Anime studio,tutorial (website)make a leg......you bet on that book.You got any money?That's what i want to see. A vvvview to a sucker. :lol:
Nice!
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

Cool! That's absolutely the first post I've read from you that was helpful.

I truly, truly thank you -- it really did solve my problem (I don't know why I didn't think about looking at the tutorials on the e frontier site -- I did look at them before I bought AS but completely forgot about them).

(Now, the tutorial itself wasn't specific about the solution to my problem, but it showed me clearly that I should have more points where I needed the leg to bend, as well as make them "sharp" and those two things, combined with moving the bones slightly down as he did, solved my problem completely).

Thanks again, buddy. (Stay off the drugs and you might be able to help a lot more people :>)