Ease curve, GRAPH MODE

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

chiviro

Ease curve, GRAPH MODE

Post by chiviro »

Hi, dudes.

I need to you guys confirm a doubt that I've.

When I animate some, in the graph mode in timeline I can see the graph of three axis in the space. Right there, when I use Smooth option, timeline shows a double curve like an "S". That's right. My problem is that I need to manipulate these lines for free movements. The same problem with the drawing of vectors.

For example, there is no way to draw a circle with 4 points and deform it freely. The only way is add a new point (I'm not talking about default tools like "SHEAR POINTS"). But, when I add a new point, the rest of circle takes a new form... unmanageable.

In some applications for drawing (like corelDraw, Freehand), each point have its two nodes to deform it freely.

The same with the timeline in options of timing for movements.

Anime Studio 6 will have that tools?

Thanks!
:wink:
"Si el problema tiene solución, ¿para qué preocuparse? Y si el problema NO tiene solución, ¿para qué preocuparse?"
Genete

Post by Genete »

No beizer curves on AS. Both curvatures are controlled by only one value and tangents angles are calculated based on neighbour points of the curve. So you can control only one scalar value for each point. If neighbour points change its relative position (distance) they produce curvature changes.

This is an old and debated issue from long time ago.
That's the way Moho/AS drawing is. Love it or hate it. :D

-G
Tim_Ley

Post by Tim_Ley »

I think you can add points to a circle (without deforming its shape) using one of the scripts (Scripts menu/Draw/Split Curve). Or at least, you could under the old Moho.

It's not quite what you're after, but should do the job.

Tim