Dynamic Lighting Script?

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Sindarin

Dynamic Lighting Script?

Post by Sindarin »

Is there a script that can add lighting/darkness to our scenes? :?
Genete

Post by Genete »

Applying something like to a standard 2D scene would require a lot of information inserted by the user that finally would make the script unuseful. Best to do it by hand.
Maybe you're refering to add lights and shadows to a 3D object? There is a script over there (I think it is from 7Feet) that make automatic shading for 3D imported objects. I've not tested it and haven't downloaded the script either. I haven't the link to the post but it was in the beggining times of the forum, though.
-G

OK: Here it is. If you test it please share with us!.
Sindarin

Post by Sindarin »

I was thinking something like 2D color blending.
Genete

Post by Genete »

OK. How do you expect that the script should work? How can add a shadow to a scene if basically it is a 2D projection of a supposed 3D light and scenario? What parameters should receive the script to make its work?

Forgive me if the questions seems to be a little instigating but you're asking for something really hard to create and define.

I think better solution is add the shadow by your self.
There are several ways to do that. Once is using masks and a semitransparent shape in a vector layer.

-G