Move more than 1 layer?

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Niels73

Move more than 1 layer?

Post by Niels73 »

Is it me or can't I move, in MOHO, no more than one layer at a time?
Like the photoshop-feature, chain this and that layer, and move them all at once...

Shifting, a limb at a time....

Regards,
Niels
Get rid of the path's, just life.
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

I know this is isn't exactly what you're looking for, but you could create a group, put a number of layers in it and then move the group. Not quite the same thing as linking a bunch of layers, but it will enable you to move a bunch at a time. Unfortuneately, you can't animate layer order in the timeline, so any group you create has to remain there once you start animating.

You could also set up a heirarchy of groups: Character contains Head, Body, Legs, Arms groups. Head group contains head, nose, mouth, eyes, ears, hair layers. Legs group contains Upper leg, lower leg, feet layers. You get the idea, but you could subdivide groups and layers even further if you needed to. Then you can move any combination of groups and thus move all the groups and layers contained in it. It's the basis for a very simple Forward Kinetics character, an especially useful bit of knowledge to know if you can't use bones for some reason.
________
W201