Use PAL-safe colors...

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rai López

Use PAL-safe colors...

Post by Rai López »

...Well, nothing to add, only that I'd like (very much) can see this export function in future versions, of course... Only that, GOOD BYE "Pals"!
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

I vote for this too! It would save a lot of faffing around in after effects!
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

It's harder to find information about PAL safe colors than NTSC safe colors. However, from what I have found, PAL seems to be about the same as NTSC in this regard. I would try just using the NTSC color safe option and see how that works. Remember, even for NTSC this is just an approximation - you should still do some testing on a TV if you're working on a broadcast project.
Niels73

Certainly not the same

Post by Niels73 »

Hi sir...

Just wanted to make a or the statement, that the difference between NTSC and PAL is very big.

I used to work for a company, who also converted from 'alot of formats' to 'alot of formats', I remember the 'huge' difference, seeing NTSC-signal without the conversion...

So, it is a real ballgame to explore for PAL colours.

But for now, rendering uncompressed and use 'your' european video-editor, render and output PAL.
MAGIX is a real cheap one, and a real editor doesn't use zillion effects, so the cheapest version is 'done processing' overhere.
Get rid of the path's, just life.