I "broke" ASP. strange lua console error on files

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

I "broke" ASP. strange lua console error on files

Post by heyvern »

After unsuccessfully trying to create a custom bone selection tool I have given up and put the old one back in place.

Unfortunately now I get these two weird lua console errors every time I open ASP:

Code: Select all

Anime Studio Pro\scripts\tool\._lm_select_bone.lua:1: invalid control char near 'char(0)'

Anime Studio Pro\scripts\tool\._hv_select_bone.lua:1: invalid control char near 'char(0)'
The second one is referencing a file THAT NO LONGER EXISTS!!!! What the heck is going on? I deleted all references and copies of that file from the ASP directory. Are there some weird invisible files? Notice the underscore in front of the name? I searched the computer and there are no files with an underscore in front of the name. The only copies of that file are in a completely different folder.

Any help would be appreciated.

I guess I will stick with layer scripts from now on. ;)

-vern
human

Re: I "broke" ASP. strange lua console error on fi

Post by human »

heyvern wrote:The second one is referencing a file THAT NO LONGER EXISTS!!!! What the heck is going on? I deleted all references and copies of that file from the ASP directory.
If you were using Windows, I would guess that the Registry keys for AS have become corrupted.

It would mean finding those keys and deleting them. One hopes this would not entail a re-installation of the application.

But since you are using that icky alternative computer, I don't know the corresponding functionality.

(Just kidding about the icky!)
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I am using Windows. I only have ASP on windows because my Mac isn't Tiger yet.

So... look at the registry... okay... I will give it a shot...

uh... where do I look? I just looked around and there isn't anything related to Anime Studio... <sigh> I should just reinstall I suppose.

-vern
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Hey I found two keys that match:

._hv_select_bone.lua
._lm_select_bone.lua

which are the two items listed in the lua error console... now what?

Do I delete them or edit the "bad" character in front? The "."?

Never mind. Just some values from the search I did for those files. How disappointing.

-vern
human

Post by human »

heyvern wrote:Hey I found two keys that match:

._hv_select_bone.lua
._lm_select_bone.lua

which are the two items listed in the lua error console... now what?

Do I delete them or edit the "bad" character in front? The "."?

Never mind. Just some values from the search I did for those files. How disappointing.

-vern
If you haven't tried this yet, do a search for "lua" and see what turns up. Surely there can't be many keys for lua in the entire registry...

(Unless you've been involved with a lot of party planning in Hawaii...)
Genete

Post by Genete »

Just a shot.
A dot in the beginning of a file name make it a hidden one in linux... In fact the hidden attribute does not exist in linux (I think...)
._G
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Haha!

I have a Mac and a PC on a small network. I would edit my scripts and save them directly to the PC.

The "._" (dot underscore) in front of a file name is the resource fork of a Mac file.

The only trouble is... they are still not visible. Those little resource fork files are "hidden" inside my scripts/tool directory and I can't "see" them.

By the way this is Win2k I'm using.

-vern
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Fixed it!

Somehow, I had turned off show invisible items on my PC. I always thought this was an option in the search on Windows, that it would search for invisible items.

Anyway I found the invisible mac files and deleted them. Usually they aren't invisible on the PC and I delete them by hand... oh well. Live and learn.

Something weird happened. I do a lot of stuff with mac and pc network and don't have this issue.

-vern