Request: point co-ordinate swap tweening

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

funksmaname

Request: point co-ordinate swap tweening

Post by funksmaname »

i dont know if my title explains what i'm after exactly but i thought it might grab you boffins attentions :)

Basically the idea is as follows:

When you build a shape, and tween it with a horizontal flipped instance later in teh time line, you get a 'spin' effect as the left points translate to right and right translate to left.

What i'm suggesting is if you have a shape with equally numbered points on left and right, and we flip the points, the left point positions should stay with the laft points and the right with the right...

example: a 3/4 left view of a womans body - breasts on one side, and curved back on the other - but identical number of points on each. the current method would spin the body like a 2D plane, but my idea would automatically create a body rotation tween (which could be created manually using actions and moving points around etc - and i know this sounds a bit lazy :D but the point is to get an IDENTICAL 3/4 left and right body shape with a shape tween rather than 'hit and hope' manual point manipulation...)

does this make sense :?: is it even possible? :oops: am i just trying to automate too much :P ... you be the judge.

F.
Rai López

Re: Request: point co-ordinate swap tweening

Post by Rai López »

funksmaname wrote:does this make sense :?:
Yes, it does (if I really undestood...), take an eye to THIS old but interesting post that include a "little" script solution provided for the GREAT Fazek (another legend :)) that could be the beginning for a very useful and interesting feature, CIAO!
Last edited by Rai López on Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

:oops: and there i was thinking i was clever and original when i'm really just a n00b! thats exactly what i was after :)

Thanks!