Neo-Mickey

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

That was great! I would like to see a higher quality version myself. :wink:
jordanek

Post by jordanek »

Aaaah! The animation was taken off YouTube before I got a chance to take a look. Is there anywhere else the video can still be viewed?
x-vishon

Post by x-vishon »

Me too. I wanted too see it. Damn.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Some blogs predicted a rapid cease and desist from Disney's Lawyers. Since YouTube has been bought by Google, this is rather the rule than the exception, unfortunately. How narrow-minded of the Disney management, if this is true :(
jhbmw007

Post by jhbmw007 »

Yea- same reason I can't find Steamboat Willie anywhere. Take this Disney!:
http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?jeeay21okk

I think I made his body too long- I mean- whoever drew him... Anyone feel like finishing coloring him in? just click add to this painting ;)
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Well, it seems that trademark law is such, that as long as they want to use the Mickey Mouse trademark, they have to actively protect it by all legal means possible. However, I haven't seen any recent mouse animation coming from Disney. So, why don't they use the Mouse to create enjoyable animation?
Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

Rasheed wrote:Well, it seems that trademark law is such, that as long as they want to use the Mickey Mouse trademark, they have to actively protect it by all legal means possible. However, I haven't seen any recent mouse animation coming from Disney. So, why don't they use the Mouse to create enjoyable animation?
The answer to all questions that begin "Why don't they..." is almost always "money". :)

Disney has always been very aggressive about defending their copyrights and trademarks, even going so far as to lobby hard to get US law changed to extend the term of protection. The original intent of copyright protection was really to protect artists and writers during their lifetimes, but not much more. The way things stand now, Disney characters may not enter the public domain for many decades, or even centuries. If they ever do at all.
Touched

Post by Touched »

I think I'd have to sympathise with Disney on that matter. Even if Walt himself is dead, his company is still alive. Why should Disney characters become public domain while there's still value in them for the company? Walt hasn't even been dead for 50 years, yet.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

For anyone interested, there is a good article on answers.com about Mickey Mouse. It has a section on legal issues as well.
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

Gah! missed it.
Nice one Barry and Michael good to know you are both alive and kicking. (I remember Michael from the Film Garage days!)

Lovely designs. There should be way more of that sort of thing animated. :D
The400th

Post by The400th »

THIS is the kind of animation that MOHO (not AS. Moho) lends itself to superbly.
Why do you say that about AS, Mikdog? Why do you think Moho is better than AS? Or are you calling the Pro version Moho? Just curious.
Touched

Post by Touched »

I think he's echoing the sentiment that Moho is a better name than Anime Studio. Moho is distinctive but unclear in purpose, Anime Studio is generic but descriptive. Moho is easy to type, Anime Studio has the awkward acronym AS or ASP. I say they should combine the names, call it Moho Anime Studio. Distinctive and descriptive, and you can just call it Moho.
Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

Perhaps e-Frontier found that in one of their international markets, the word Moho, when pronounced phonetically, means something unpleasant in the local tongue, and is concerned about the potential for embarassment. :)
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I can just say that Anime, Animestudio, Animo, and animation make a fine mess when referred to in the same talk. The six syllables of AnimeStudio are a pain in the ... tongue.
Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

I actually have trouble with it when typing... when I make a folder on my hard drive for it, or I talk about it in a forum or e-mail, my fingers keep wanting to type "Animation Studio" instead of "Anime Studio".

Well, I've lived through having teenage children, I guess I can get used to just about anything. :lol: