Editing Preferences isn't very productive

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rasheed

Editing Preferences isn't very productive

Post by Rasheed »

I'm a Mac user, but I guess this also applies to Linux users.

If I want to edit my preferences, I need to be logged in as an administrator. This is so unlike the usual behavior of applications written for the Mac platform.

I'm using a non-administrator account for future security reason, when malware will eventually be targeted towards the Mac platform. For this reason, I have protected the applications folder, so that only someone with administrator privileges can make changes. Most Mac programs ask for an administrator login and password, so you can edit data files that are stored in the Applications folder.

Could this super user feature be added, or make it so, that preferences are stored and applied per user account, instead of globally?
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Hmm, that's strange - the preferences should be saved per-user, and not globally. I'll have to check on a Mac later today.
Manu

Post by Manu »

Deleted
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Lost Marble wrote:Hmm, that's strange - the preferences should be saved per-user, and not globally. I'll have to check on a Mac later today.
Don't bother, because I don't seem able to reproduce this error. Very strange...

I checked and found that the preferences are stored locally in the home directory in a invisible file called ".Anime Studio Pro.user.settings", so that would ensure that the settings are stored per user account.