suspected bug, but for whom?

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

slice11217

suspected bug, but for whom?

Post by slice11217 »

Hi,

This is something I've experienced since around version 3: Let's say you have a Moho project with artwork that includes a stroked line or two (or three). You do all this animation stuff and when you render it out as a preview or a quicktime everything looks fine. However, when you export it as a .swf... well, something doesn't quite work with the stroked lines. What happens is the lines are stroked alright, but REALLY stroked! I mean, big, thick, stupid huge strokes! The only way to get rid of them is to go to each individual frame in Flash and reset the stroke.

Anyone else experience this? I don't know if this is a Moho thing or a Flash thing. Any info about it?

I'm using a Mac G4 with OSX.3.9 and Moho 5.3.x (latest version before 5.4).

Thanks,

Scott
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

I haven't seen this, but if you can post a sample Moho file (or email it to support@lostmarble.com) that demonstrates the problem, I'll look into it.
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

OK, I sent some files via my personal e-mail. Just wondering if you got it and if there's any info about the problem

thanks,

Scott
slice11217

Just in case anyone's following this thread...

Post by slice11217 »

Just in case anyone's following this thread... here's the response from Lost Marble.

<<It looks like instead of changing the overall line width of the shape, you used the Line Width tool to adjust the width. This tool is normally used to vary the width of a line at different points along its length.

Try turning on the "Variable line widths" checkbox when exporting this file to SWF.

In the future, if you want to change the width of a line all along its length, not just at one point, select the line with the Select Shape tool and enter a new width in the Style window. >>

Thanks, guys! Moho's pretty awesome!